CAL DEN and ORD bases???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skywdriver

Lots of rumors flying around about 737 bases opening in DEN and ORD and airbuses coming into CAL bases. With certain sections of the transition agreement expiring at the end of the year, only makes sense that the company will do this. My questions are -how would these bases go in regards to seniority? DEN senior I would guess ORD total wildcard. I would think the extra staffing requirements for new bases in addition to more aircraft deliveries and the beginning affects of retirements would require another bid with a decent amount of vacancies. Any thoughts?

New 737 bases could easily be populated by closure of the CLE base and trimming of the larger EWR and IAH bases.
Easily. Some of the scuttle is that CLE stays open, 73s for DEN and ORD come out of IAH, and 320 go into IAH. Theory is that the numbers indicate 73s compete better against SW than 320s.

Lots of rumors flying around about 737 bases opening in DEN and ORD and airbuses coming into CAL bases....Any thoughts?
DEN and ORD showed up for a couple of hours on the standing bid screen, used to indicate preferences for a system bid. This happened with LAX in January and there were crews in there by May.

My questions are -how would these bases go in regards to seniority?
If LAX is any guide, which it may not be, left seat went fairly senior, right pretty junior. The #1 guy on the seniority list, IAH 777 CA, went to the 73 in LAX. The right seat juniority may have just been the cost of living.

If LAX is any guide, which it may not be, left seat went fairly senior, right pretty junior. The #1 guy on the seniority list, IAH 777 CA, went to the 73 in LAX. The right seat juniority may have just been the cost of living.

I disagree. LAX is the senior 737 FO base and more senior than EWR or IAH 756 FO.

I disagree. LAX is the senior 737 FO base and more senior than EWR or IAH 756 FO.

I was looking at the top of the list. You may be looking at entire list. The most senior LAX FO is junior to the most senior FO in any other BES, in all but a couple cases by over 1,000 numbers.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back