• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-Series Order??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GL- I had one of your widebody CA's in my Jumpseat. He said it would be the biggest no brainer to give away the 100 seat. He said the money would be too good. This is the battle they will be talking about down the road...why mainline screwed up giving 100 seat scope away. You guys are going to do it for the money. Always have always will. I know you feel different gl. It's your buddies that are going to sell you down the river.

I don't care what he said, I just cancelled his yes vote with my future NO if that was ever on a TA (very doubtful). There are plenty more pilots that don't want to move an inch on scope. You can count every FO (more than number of Captains due to INTL requirements--most flights are 2 FOs, 1 Capt), and half of the Captains (all narrowbody at least) who would vote NO in a second. Most of the guys I fly with commute on those RJs, and hate them. Why would we want to give anything else to DCI? Just aint gonna happen. Sorry, you and that Captain LOSE, and I kinda feel bad for you two. Really.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I no longer have a dog in this fight..But General, seriously...When and if DAlpa tightens scope, or stops it at it's current level...THEN YOU CAN TALK THE TALK....Up until now though, it's all been lip service.

I agree with those that think DAlpa will give up more scope..WHY? Because up to this point you all have allowed it. In this case past performance is indicative of future results....Hopefully you all at DAlpa can put an end to it. But until that time, you kinda sound ridiculuous.

OYS is right, we didn't allow any extra RJs in during our last big negotiations, the joint contract. WE CAN TALK THE TALK, because we didn't allow extra. We saw high oil killing them anyway, and to this day more than 100 of the 50 seaters have been parked, a long with a bunch of E135s (CHQ) and now some props. That's the way it goes......

Bye Bye---General Lee

In my limited response to this stuff...what if Comair was stapled and Comair flew any more RJ's as Big D needed what y'all think about that??????

I don't care what he said, I just cancelled his yes vote with my future NO if that was ever on a TA (very doubtful). There are plenty more pilots that don't want to move an inch on scope. You can count every FO (more than number of Captains due to INTL requirements--most flights are 2 FOs, 1 Capt), and half of the Captains (all narrowbody at least) who would vote NO in a second. Most of the guys I fly with commute on those RJs, and hate them. Why would we want to give anything else to DCI? Just aint gonna happen. Sorry, you and that Captain LOSE, and I kinda feel bad for you two. Really.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Dont get me wrong..I am ALL for you hanging on to scope.

Hold your ground on scope, legacy guys. The "regionals" will have no choice but to disappear...or branch outwards and upwards (which companies like a SkyWest Inc with big war chests won't take laying down). The economy of scale strategy will only carry these airlines so far with the perfect storm of labor shortage on the horizon(that is, if you believe in it), so upwards will likely be the preferred direction. Supply and demand is a consistant animal of economics. So, more compensation for pilots. Extrapolation from this point will only reveal the foolhardy fortune-tellers among our ranks. But, sure. Let's hear it.

Did DALPA give up more scope in the joint contract with NWA? They didn't have to tighten it then, oil was high, and RJs started to get parked en mass. No additional RJs were allowed at that point, right? I think GL is right, and your theory is way off. The opportunity was there to give away more, and it didn't happen. I'm fairly new here, and I don't hear anything that you suggest.

OYS

Well not quite, With the merger, DAL was OVER its limit on 76 seat planes. All that was done was get a promise not to furlough in exchange for raising that limit to match what was in the combined operation. Not exactly holding the line. More like moving it to fit management.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what airframe will replace the current 50 seat airframes? I can't imagine a 100 seat aircraft could be put on those routes without decreasing frequency to a rate that would be unacceptable to the flying public.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what airframe will replace the current 50 seat airframes? I can't imagine a 100 seat aircraft could be put on those routes without decreasing frequency to a rate that would be unacceptable to the flying public.

My guess is they will still have 200's on the proper routes. They just won't have 100's and 100's of them. I don't know who made the decision to get that many, but it was flat out ridiculous. Does anyone know how many 50 seat jets were in the Delta system at it's peak?

700/900 with first class. ratio something around 1.5 to 1. slight drop in frequency in some markets with the insertion of a mainline narrow body or two on some very high volume routes during peak times. The majority of the loss in flying coming from the final shut down of Comair.....Delta side.

700/900 with first class ratio of 2 to 1 also with a slight drop in frequency in some markets and a mainline narrow body or two...

We'll give up dual-qual for better contract language and a minimal pay raise. That along with the slight drop in the number of planes will help to make up for the loss a some pilots to mainline carriers when the do hire in a couple of years....forget about the "pilot shortage" and massive hiring at the majors....ain't going to happen.

100 seaters???? depends on how big a carrot mainline dangles in front of the deltoids....we should know that answer in about ohhhhh, 3 more years

I can't imagine a 100 seat aircraft could be put on those routes without decreasing frequency to a rate that would be unacceptable to the flying public.

The flying public is lucky there is service at all to places like Alpena, MI and most places in Alabama.

Latest resources

Back