• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-Series Order??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i hope scope is tightened up or at least stays the same. But I have been told that because of the possible new duty time regulations that Delta asked to open up negotiations on that portion of the contract. It was then said that Delta asked to open up the whole contract......I am guessing a sweetheart deal on pay for a relief in scope.....hold the line guys...hold the line....

this is now in the regionals area......the administrators are tools.....this post is about keeping the C series at main line...or as some say.... "majors" hence why it was in majors area to begin with....move it back please....none of us who fly regionals now who want to make it to the "majors" want the C series to go "regional"

forget about the "pilot shortage" and massive hiring at the majors....ain't going to happen.

No massive hiring at the majors?

Have you seen the age 65 numbers? You really don't think the majors aren't going to massively hire in the next 5 years? You cannot be serious.

Something like 1/3rd of the entire major/cargo pilot group is about to age out.

No massive hiring at the majors?

Have you seen the age 65 numbers? You really don't think the majors aren't going to massively hire in the next 5 years? You cannot be serious.

Something like 1/3rd of the entire major/cargo pilot group is about to age out.

You can't fight an emotional argument with one based on fact and real numbers. It's the same reason that I can't have an intelligent conversation with a hippie.

700/900 with first class. ratio something around 1.5 to 1. slight drop in frequency in some markets with the insertion of a mainline narrow body or two on some very high volume routes during peak times. The majority of the loss in flying coming from the final shut down of Comair.....Delta side.

700/900 with first class ratio of 2 to 1 also with a slight drop in frequency in some markets and a mainline narrow body or two...

We'll give up dual-qual for better contract language and a minimal pay raise. That along with the slight drop in the number of planes will help to make up for the loss a some pilots to mainline carriers when the do hire in a couple of years....forget about the "pilot shortage" and massive hiring at the majors....ain't going to happen.

100 seaters???? depends on how big a carrot mainline dangles in front of the deltoids....we should know that answer in about ohhhhh, 3 more years

That's funny, 192 senior pilots signed up for an early out program that was
due on June 30th. Sounds like some major upward movement, when one senior widebody Captain leaves, 10 people move UP, and that can mean hiring too. 2000 total pilots are in the zone to retire now or within the next few years at DL.

As far as 100 seaters goes, only the top 5% would ever sell scope, and they are leaving. The rest want tighter scope on code shares, and RJs. You really shouldn't get too excited, and instead worry about your own dwindling career.

OYS

Last edited:
GL- I had one of your widebody CA's in my Jumpseat. He said it would be the biggest no brainer to give away the 100 seat.

I don't think so. I don't think there are any discussions to loosen scope and I don't think there are any members of the MEC who would support it.

I don't think so. I don't think there are any discussions to loosen scope and I don't think there are any members of the MEC who would support it.

He did say there have been no discussions about this. He was just stating if they drop 30-35% in his lap he was going to take it in a heartbeat. Hope he is in the minority.

So let me get this straight. What people are saying is there are a ton of old people at the majors (there are a lot of retirements coming up). Also what people are saying is only the old guys are going to vote to get rid of scope. So, my algebra tells me that there are a ton of guys that are going to vote to get rid of scope, right?

So let me get this straight. What people are saying is there are a ton of old people at the majors (there are a lot of retirements coming up). Also what people are saying is only the old guys are going to vote to get rid of scope. So, my algebra tells me that there are a ton of guys that are going to vote to get rid of scope, right?

And then there's that "Operation Orange" thingy to further complicate the guessing game.

If you ask me, people tend to vote for themselves and their own families...not for the poor suckers (and families) beneath them.

But voting for the "greater cause"...it's a cute thought.

Latest resources

Back