• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bull Sh*t Resumes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Logging both dual received and PIC at the same time is so common that I'm surprised that anyone would look twice at it.

Some schools THINK that they can tell you what you can and can't log, but they are wrong. Do your columns in pencil and go back after you leave and fill in your RIGHTFUL pic time.

1.2....opps...I mean 2.1

100LL... Again! said:
Do your columns in pencil and go back after you leave and fill in your RIGHTFUL pic time.

Whiteout! Nobody will ever know!(little winking face here)

resumes

100LL... Again! said:
Logging both dual received and PIC at the same time is so common that I'm surprised that anyone would look twice at it.

Some schools THINK that they can tell you what you can and can't log, but they are wrong. Do your columns in pencil and go back after you leave and fill in your RIGHTFUL pic time.

I give up... F*ck it, write down what you want. In fact use a FAT pencil to do your times. It's your log book.

ePilot22 said:
Whiteout! Nobody will ever know!(little winking face here)
I knew an airline bound jump pilot with a log book full of green "white out" corrections. WTFO?

And what's this crap about saying who can and who can't reply to the post, it's in the general section of the forum. Wouldn't the regional or major or fars section be the best place to limit the responders to airline applicants?

resumes

FN FAL said:
I knew an airline bound jump pilot with a log book full of green "white out" corrections. WTFO?

And what's this crap about saying who can and who can't reply to the post, it's in the general section of the forum. Wouldn't the regional or major or fars section be the best place to limit the responders to airline applicants?

FN FAL,

I must have missed the can and can't reply to the post. Who posted that? There was so much coming at me, I was ducking most of the time...lol

Rifles

FN FAL,

I assume you like rifles. I picked up an RPK in Northern Iraq while I was there. Kicka$$ weapon, too bad I had to pass it along to our replacement unit when we were leaving. :( Had an AK w/folding stock also. Carried an M-4 and M-9 while I was flying. Always like the FN though never had one.

Last edited:
atlcrashpad said:
FN FAL,

I assume you like rifles. I picked up an RPK in Northern Iraq while I was there. Kicka$$ weapon, too bad I had to pass it along to our replacement unit when we were leaving. :( Had an AK w/folding stock also. Carried an M-4 and M-9 while I was flying. Always like the FN though never had one.
I think in sandy conditions that an AK type product would probably be more reliable. I've got a Yugo M-92 Krink variant that looks like would work well even if it was ignored for years and pulled out of sand pit.

FN's? I got a Pre-89 SAR 48 built on an Embel metric reciever, it's great. I wish it was a FAL, they are bringing in 4,000 bucks nowdays...even in well worn condition, they can bring at least 3,000.

Last edited:
atlcrashpad said:
I give up... F*ck it, write down what you want. In fact use a FAT pencil to do your times. It's your log book.
What was your point again? That if its dual the student shouldn't be logging PIC (even if they are rated in class and category)?

I have 185 PIC, 210TT.

I had 25 hours of Dual Recieved (non PIC) for my PPL training.

I now have 74 hours of Dual...PPL and IA...but all the instrument was also logged as PIC.

I figure another 25-30 hours of dual for the commercial single, then multi addon...take both rides at 250 hours. Figure 10 dual for the multi, and thats non pic, since I'm not licensed.

So I'll have a 35 hour spread between PIC and TT...then some more CFI dual...which will also be logged as PIC on my part. So my spread should stay at ~35 hours.

If I start instructing after that, that'll all be PIC, too...

Sounds reasonable to me...

Edit: I would say more like 40 hours of a spread, with that extra 5 hours coming from a complex aircraft. But I'll pickup that 10 hours of complex time in the twin, which was already accounted for. So 35 it stays..

Last edited:
resumes

Forget it, I was trying to point out that there might be some issues later down the road for resumes that appear to be questionable. Obviously I've struck a nerve with a lot of you guys. I've got my 121 job.

I was just trying to pass along some advice. Something that was not offered to me when I was a 200+ hr struggling pilot looking for a full time flying gig. Besides the FAA no longer requires you to get your log book validated by them anymore before your ATP. Log what you want.

atlcrashpad said:
Forget it, I was trying to point out that there might be some issues later down the road for resumes that appear to be questionable. Obviously I've struck a nerve with a lot of you guys. I've got my 121 job.

I was just trying to pass along some advice. Something that was not offered to me when I was a 200+ hr struggling pilot looking for a full time flying gig. Besides the FAA no longer requires you to get your log book validated by them anymore before your ATP. Log what you want.

I appreciate the intent to help, as I'm sure others in my position do, but I'm still don't see what's fishy about your example in the first post. Others showed how if someone logged their time as per 61.51, it is completely reasonable for someone to have that little non-PIC time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back