Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Resumes

moving2vegas said:
atl....you don't get it do you? Everything after your private is PIC, unless your flying a plane requiring two pilots. Not all of us spent years raising and lowering the flaps. Believe it or not, some of us don't want to fly for the airlines.

Moving2Vegas,

You are wrong on the after your Private/PIC issue. Read the Reg's FAA 61.51. The reason for my posting is these guys posting their resumes ARE trying to fly for the airlines. If it doesn't apply to you, ignore the post.

"Is the sole manipulator of the controls of an aircraft for which the pilot is rated"

you proved my point.....doesn't say anything about 121 or 135 time. If you have the rating and your hands on the controls...your PIC. Oops, minus the 3 minutes for the instructor to take the controls and log PIC the entire time.

PIC vs. TT

Thanks Vegas! You must have posted while I was reading, but your are correct and I would like to defer ATL to FAR 61.51(e)(3), hence time-building opportunities for CFIs.

Resumes

I doubt that the CFI only touches the controls for 3 min out of an hour. But, hey you don't want to fly for the airlines anyway. What does it matter to you? And there is exceptions for CFI's. See my post.

A CFI doesn't have to touch the controls, they just have to act as a flight instructor to log PIC time. A rated pilot can log all time as PIC as well. Read ALL of 61.51.

Resumes

ePilot22 said:
A CFI doesn't have to touch the controls, they just have to act as a flight instructor to log PIC time. A rated pilot can log all time as PIC as well. Read ALL of 61.51.

EPilot22,

Read my third post. I posted the exception for instructors.

resumes

moving2vegas said:
You're a poor looser ATL

moving2vegas,

I've obviously hit a nerve with you. Like I said this is just a reminder for guys who want to get on with Air Carriers. You implied that you don't. So ignore the posting.

Just because there is only a difference of 55 hours from PIC to TT does not mean this guy only has 55 dual. After you get your private, you log dual and PIC for your instrument, commercial, etc. There is a difference of 65 hours in my TT and PIC time. However, I have around 185 dual. This is the way everybody I know does it! Now if the guy is showing 55 hours dual, then you've got a problem. As for logging 4500 hours PIC, what's wrong with that?? Maybe he got a frieght job. Those jobs build hours very quickly. And its all single pilot PIC.

ATL

I think what these guys are trying to say is that not everyone goes from instructing to hauling checks, to commuter fo, to capt, to mainline fo, to captain. Some guys go right into hauling checks single pilot in light twins after instructing for a year and do it for a long time and thus have high PIC and little or no SIC with low dual recieved.

The question you should really be asking is why is someone in the hiring department so insecure with themselves that they are denying interviews to "qualified" people simply because there logbook doesn't look like his/hers.

As for the chief pilot thing, it is a title if someone was fullfilling the duties who is to say how many people have to be "under" them.

Not flaiming you and I do understand where you are coming from but all too often it is the person who is reading the resume who has the "bias" and is probably overlooking a good pilot/candidate.

Latest resources

Back