• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bull Sh*t Resumes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATL, I understand what you're saying on both parts.

1.) I have about 60 hours difference between TT and PIC. (60hrs. bewteen PPC and initail ME), I'm currently finishing up my MEI and have logged the last 15 hours as PIC, as well as my instructor has logged those hours as PIC.

I have logged ever minute after my PPC as PIC, except for the initial ME, however my MEI instructor came from a school that didn't allow them to log PIC as long as there was an instructor onboard so he doesn't have a lot of PIC. At least he didn't when he finished his CFI, of course he's got plently now.

2.) Resume BS is part of every career, the BS works its way out quick.

atlcrashpad said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ePilot22
A CFI doesn't have to touch the controls, they just have to act as a flight instructor to log PIC time. A rated pilot can log all time as PIC as well. Read ALL of 61.51.

EPilot22,

Read my third post. I posted the exception for instructors.

Sorry, you did. You also specificed 121 and/or 135. But again I have seen where people don't think a rated pilot can't log PIC with an instructor onboard.

:0

resumes

DC8,

I was not trying to flam bait or argue with anyone. I was trying to help out guys with the way they may present their resumes. I'm not doubting their flying skills. I have no say so in the hiring dept either. I have seen (Qualified) guys turned down becausing their times looked questionable. I was point out a few resumes I saw posted that fit that type of profile. If a guy get lucky and jumps right into a PIC gig, great.

Nice Log Book Time

I saw that on the General Interview Board earlier today. At 400 TT he went right into twin time and never touched a single again? After 300 hrs of nothing but multi, he then logged 800 hrs of turboprop time?:eek: What! And he's asking for a job. Hook me up with what you had!:pimp:

resumes

EPilot22,

Yes B.S. is part of every job and everyday life. I was trying to help out guys that might get passed over if times are questioned for whatever reason. Times are tough getting a 121 or 135 or heck even a 91 job. I've got my job, but I've been there looking for one, wondering why I cannot get a call back.

The late 80's early 90's were tough. There was no one to pass along info for me. I worked as a Police Officer for a while until the mass hiring (Yes, Kit Darby) of the late 90's.

Hey, nothing like that twice a year flight review!

"I doubt that after your PPL was issued and you took more training or Bi annuals that you held the controls 100% of the time. The CFI had to take the controls for at least a demo." Quote from atl

Dude, it WAS biennial, which means once every two years, now it's just a flight review because of people like you!

80's hiring

I forgot, the late 80's there was hiring of low time pilots. Cargo, low level, overwater, night flights from Latin America. High paying too. lol

I understand!

ATL,

I know what you mean. I like to play the safe side of logging time. I know someone that logs FTD time as TT, explain that on an interview. Or a C172XP as high performance. Sure with it being derated to 195 HP, another tough one to explain.

Anyway, thanks for pointing it out. You're right, strange things on one's resume is just one more reason to be passed up and never given a chance to explain.

MTpilot said:
"I doubt that after your PPL was issued and you took more training or Bi annuals that you held the controls 100% of the time. The CFI had to take the controls for at least a demo." Quote from atl

Dude, it WAS biennial, which means once every two years, now it's just a flight review because of people like you!

MT,

You're right my spelling was wrong and implies twice a year not once every two years. It has been a long time since my last Biennial , because I take Proficiency Checks, Line Oriented Flight Training (LOFT) and Annual Proficiency and Readiness Test (APART) at least once a year. The last one listed is a military check ride.

How is it my fault that the FAA changed the name?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back