• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Brown bag lunch" at Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny, Eagle and Comair didn't provide lunch either. Maybe Great Lakes will give you a happy meal.

Even though Hugh Jorgan sugar coated his response to you in your other bitchy thread, the truth is that you've been nothing but a whining dickhead. Now that you've turned down the interview, we don't have to worry about listening to you complain for the next year.

This place is NOT for you. Stay on the mainland and stop bitching.

Eagle gave my group lunch when I interviewed there many moons ago. It was an all-day affair so it really was the right thing to do.

They also provided airline transportation to the interview.

If you brought a sacked lunch you wouldn't get into it until the interview was all over and you were headed to the beach or back to your hotel. I agree with FedEx1, they were just giving you a heads up about them not providing lunch and not having anywhere close by to grab a quick bite. When i interviewed with Island Air they told me to plan for 2 days. I was in and out in about 2 hours. And i went through the whole process.

and about not working for WP, are you really gonna choose where to work based on whether or not the Company serves you a 5 dollar lunch during the interview?

Its the little things... How am I supposed to worry about finding a way to bring my lunch to the interview?? Take a taxi to subway and carry it around all day? I should bring in a double tuna salad sandwich and let it stink up the entire place. Come on! They cant order a damn pizza? Im interviewing the company, they are not just interviewing me.

your gripes are very reasonable in the regular world...

most companies provide meals,snacks,water,coffee,transportation, etc...during interviews...

HOWEVER, look at the industry you are in -- guddam pilots PAY for the right to work at many companies...so of course they can care less about you or your meal - some dipshiit will take the job and be happy to do it for nothing. Bring a brown bag lunch....I love it!

You are right, if you demand normal, respectful treatment you dont belong in the regional airline arena.

Brown Bag...yeah with Vaseline and a welfare check inside.

If everyone stood up to these cheap ass companies we would all be making better money. I have a job lined up driving a truck at UPS and the pay and bennies blow away any regional. Im going back to school to get a more useful degree at night. The only way I will fly is if its for a decent corporation. Maybe I will get a little respect and be able to pay my bills and fly for a living. Screw the regionals

RJP said:
Funny, Eagle and Comair didn't provide lunch either. Maybe Great Lakes will give you a happy meal.

Comair and Piedmont both bought a ticket for me to travel to the interview, and provided lunch to go along with their job offer. Perhaps it depends on when you interviewed.

airludy said:
Its the little things... How am I supposed to worry about finding a way to bring my lunch to the interview?? Take a taxi to subway and carry it around all day? I should bring in a double tuna salad sandwich and let it stink up the entire place. Come on! They cant order a dang pizza? Im interviewing the company, they are not just interviewing me.

Island Air is set up for locals, not for mainlanders. They assume you live there and have a car.

Give me a break dude!
What don't you put a request for a limo too? I am sure glad I won't be flying with you here at WP especially with that kind of attitude!
Have a wonderful day!

airludy said:
If everyone stood up to these cheap ass companies we would all be making better money. I have a job lined up driving a truck at UPS and the pay and bennies blow away any regional. Im going back to school to get a more useful degree at night. The only way I will fly is if its for a decent corporation. Maybe I will get a little respect and be able to pay my bills and fly for a living. Screw the regionals

If you are not getting repected it's because you don't deserve it. I know lots of people that started their career's at Island Air and are now quite successful, living in Hawaii, nice house and families, living the good life, etc. etc. Life is what YOU make of it. Looks like your a 1000 hour pilot that expects your career to be handed to you NOW. You have to start somewere and Island Air is a good place to start IF you want to be an airline pilot and live in Hawaii.
Enjoy your truck driving job and work hard at night school so you can get a nice office job. My guess is you'll be unhappy no matter what you do. You would definitly be unhappy in Hawaii. It's not for you.

Latest resources

Back