"Brown bag lunch" at Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
airludy said:
Yes I would rather drive a truck and have money than fly for food... Driving is temporary until I finish a useful degree. By the way I went to school before 9/11 and have 900 hours in a king air.... And yes I was brainwashed when I was 20 years old, but now I have grown up and economic reality has set in.

Good. Then quit your Bitzhein and move on. The airline industry wont miss you and will survive without your services.

you want a job or you want lunch? even when i interviewed and was hired at major corporations (non aviation and more $ than wp) i didnt get lunch. i went to interview for a job, not to see if they'd buy me a lunch.

you need to go find something else to do until you can get the bigger picture in your head. you sound like you want to be courted like a princess...its a pilot job.

to help lessen future suffering, you should include in your resume's line for "objectives": "to work for a company that will buy me lunch at the interview". dont forget to include in your cover letter that you require lunch and cold refreshments.

You Failed

airludy said:
How am I supposed to worry about finding a way to bring my lunch to the interview? Take a taxi to subway and carry it around all day?

This WAS part of the interview process. You FAILED the problem solving portion. You just saved them the time from asking, "What would you do if you were in a critical situation?"

Stay on the mainland, I don't want to hear about what is "owed" to you in this industry.

You guys have fun living in your mud huts and driving a beat up car.... I bet you pick up a lot of chicks on the 26k a year salary.

airludy said:
You guys just dont get it....Why does a UPS driver start out at 35k a year and a airline pilot starts out at 18k ??? How can you live in hawaii on that? I guess all you guys have rich parents and can do it. I have bills to pay and making money is more important than flying airplanes. If a job comes around that pays me a wage I can live on,than I would be more than happy to take it. I have paid enough dues to deserve a 35k a year job. 2000 hours and 900 multi. Plus 60k for my flight training! I dont think its too much to ask. Im not expecting to fly a GV and make 100k a year. Just to be able to pay my bills. To be honest 35k a years is hardly enough for a mortgage and car payment.

Well brah, then quit your f*&%#@n bitchin and go drive your brown truck in your tight a*& brown shorts like RJP said.

One suggestion, and correct me if Im wrong, PW is currently hiring Captains, and from what I hear 55K to start. One thing great about that is that in HNL if I come across you struting around in your 4 stripes it will give me the opportunity to lock you in a suitcase.

What a donkey! thank heaven your disgruntled about coming out here, now we dont have to worry about your complaing a##! It was a set-up all along brah!

Last edited:
Guys I think we all owe airludy an apology. I didn't realize he has NINE HUNDRED HOURS in a King Air! I'm a little suprised that Island Air didn't send a private jet to bring him to the interview.

airludy said:
You guys have fun living in your mud huts and driving a beat up car.... I bet you pick up a lot of chicks on the 26k a year salary.

why am i not suprised that you'd be one of those people that believe we live in grass shacks or mud huts?

well, since you were so sincere in wishing us well, let me return the favor.

have fun looking for students, dining on skittles when its payday and making tomato soup from McD's ketchup packets the rest of the time. have fun with your 4 cfi roommates in your 1 bedroom apartment. hopefully you'll be able to find a school that lets you wear captains uniforms, that way you and your friends can walk around pretending to be airline pilots.

please let us know when you find a cfi job that buys you lunch, we're very concerned about your future.

If 1000 of you had nuts like me, regionals would have to start paying us 35k a year to start. Supply and demand. Im really starting to believe in this SJS thing.

Latest resources

Back