"Brown bag lunch" at Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
airludy said:
If 1000 of you had nuts like me, regionals would have to start paying us 35k a year to start.

I believe that the Jetblue crew should get paid $200K each for their skills and professionalism, I believe that teachers should be paid twice as much, as well as firefighters. I think we should have solar/wind energy plains and electric cars in Hawaii. So whats your fukking point? The realilty is that it aint happening (yet) and you have a choice; to which you chose to drive a brown van. Wise choice, I say, if your heart is not in aviation. But please spare us the bitching and let us drown in our own sorrow and ignorance. Aloha

airludy said:
You guys have fun living in your mud huts and driving a beat up car.... I bet you pick up a lot of chicks on the 26k a year salary.
Mud huts? All this time I've been looking for a grass shack to rent and there are fucking mud huts somewhere out here? Cuz, whea dem mud kine huts stay?

$26k a year? Not even close brah. Try $20k. Are you trying to say that's the reason chicks don't dig me? Whew! At least it's not my looks.

RJP said:
Mud huts? All this time I've been looking for a grass shack to rent and there are Fricking mud huts somewhere out here? Cuz, whea dem mud kine huts stay?

$26k a year? Not even close brah. Try $20k. Are you trying to say that's the reason chicks don't dig me? Whew! At least it's not my looks.

grass shack? mud huts?!? I'll have you guys know I live in an old lava tube in upcountry Maui. Guess that's cause I fix airplanes instead of fly them. Wait a minute, I do fly, just not for $$$.

As to the original poster of this thread, Wal Marts having a big sale on crying towels now and usually has a cheap lunch available

airludy said:
You guys have fun living in your mud huts and driving a beat up car.... I bet you pick up a lot of chicks on the 26k a year salary.

Your mom thought my mud hut was nice. I picked her up at Femme Nu in my 1982 Datsun.

Last edited:
Isnt it 80 degrees there all year long? Maybe I could just sleep in my tent. Then I might have enough to buy food.

Back in the Summer of 2000 when I interviewed with American Airlines and Delta Airlines neither provided lunch for the interviewees.

Maybe I should have turned those interviews down.

The fact that you guys have 1000 hours, the opportunity to fly turbine aircraft for a 121 carrier, and are finding things to bitch about shows what idiot's you are. I jumpseated to Wichita from Honolulu 3 hours after recieving an interview offer with my present employer. I recieved no lunch, no plane ticket, no hotel room, etc. I did get the job however. To me, that's what was important.

Latest resources

Back