• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Brown bag lunch" at Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well said DR. The world needs truck drivers too. Too bad he's not coming to the interview, the pilot group got together and scrimped enough for his pizza. Just don't ask where it came from.

airludy said:
Maybe I will get a little respect and be able to pay my bills
While you'll probably get to pay you bills driving the big brown truck, be sure to let us know how the respect thing goes with those tight brown shorts.

airludy said:
I have a job lined up driving a truck at UPS and the pay and bennies.........

Say no more! One question: Can you walk my resume in? I have extensive experience in carry hazmat, coolers full of fish, as well as guava juice.

You guys just dont get it....Why does a UPS driver start out at 35k a year and a airline pilot starts out at 18k ??? How can you live in hawaii on that? I guess all you guys have rich parents and can do it. I have bills to pay and making money is more important than flying airplanes. If a job comes around that pays me a wage I can live on,than I would be more than happy to take it. I have paid enough dues to deserve a 35k a year job. 2000 hours and 900 multi. Plus 60k for my flight training! I dont think its too much to ask. Im not expecting to fly a GV and make 100k a year. Just to be able to pay my bills. To be honest 35k a years is hardly enough for a mortgage and car payment.

414Flyer said:
Imagine showing up with a liquid lunch 40oz of beer in that brown bag.

"But this is lunch, it is made from grain, hops and barley, sugars and some water. Basically just a whole meal in a bottle."

this is the funniest post i've ever read!!!!!!!

airludy said:
You guys just dont get it....Why does a UPS driver start out at 35k a year and a airline pilot starts out at 18k ??? How can you live in hawaii on that? I guess all you guys have rich parents and can do it. I have bills to pay and making money is more important than flying airplanes. If a job comes around that pays me a wage I can live on,than I would be more than happy to take it. I have paid enough dues to deserve a 35k a year job. 2000 hours and 900 multi. Plus 60k for my flight training! I dont think its too much to ask. Im not expecting to fly a GV and make 100k a year. Just to be able to pay my bills. To be honest 35k a years is hardly enough for a mortgage and car payment.

You need to make up your mind what it is you want to do ... then just do it. Doesn't sound like your "sacrifices" to date are any more or less than what we have all paid to get the opportunity to fly. Quit whining.

When I interviewed at WP and asked them for some water they pointed me in the direction of the bathroom around the corner. I didn't write a tome about it on this board. I smiled and thanked them.

Pass on Hawaii but keep looking stateside. And remember: never turn down a job you haven't been offered - meaning, interview-interview-interview.

airludy said:
I almost hate to continue bashing you but it's just too easy.

Yes, we all have trust funds. Maybe you didn't get that hand-out in your interview package. Only trust fund kids can work at WP.

I applaud your decision to make money rather than just fly airplanes for peanuts. Get out of this industry and run far away.

But, SACRIFICES? You wanna talk sacrifices? You have no idea.

2000/900. Wow. Anything bigger than a light twin? Have you looked at the state of the industry lately? Jump in the majors forum and see how things are going at Delta or NWA. Your C-152 time will get you a job, but only a job flying for a peanut-paying regional or driving a truck. Get a grip on this fact.

60k in debt? Now the reason for your angst comes out. I'm curious if you went that far in debt AFTER 9/11. Didn't you see the writing on the wall? You should've used that money to get your chiropractor's license or real estate ticket. There's actual money to be made there.

And finally, don't tell us that we "don't get it". You're apparently not even flying at the regional level and yet you feel compelled to tell us the obvious fact that we're underpaid.

But honestly, good luck with the brown truck gig. I love "King of Queens".

airludy said:

Here is why. Supply and Demand. Nobody grows up and dreams of becoming a UPS Driver. Nobody is lining up to drive UPS trucks. Aviation schools are brain washing and pumping out new SJS youngsters left and right who could care less what entry level regional pay is. They just want the job and uniform. If you don't like what you are going to make entry level at a regional then may I suggest you go to UPS and make your 35K per year driving around a truck.

Yes I would rather drive a truck and have money than fly for food... Driving is temporary until I finish a useful degree. By the way I went to school before 9/11 and have 900 hours in a king air.... And yes I was brainwashed when I was 20 years old, but now I have grown up and economic reality has set in.

Latest resources

Back