"Brown bag lunch" at Island Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

I recieved a invitation to interview at Island Air and turned it down today. They actually told me to bring a "brown bag lunch" to the interview. That was the final straw. Not to metion the low pay, paying for my own ticket to the interview and the cost of living in hawaii. I sent a replay and told them thanks, but no thanks.

I mean what a joke, bring your own lunch. I'm interviewing half way across the planet and they want me to worry about finding lunch to bring to the inteview. What I joke! I have more pride than to lower myself to this cheap industry. Its definatly time for a career change.

I'm having a sense of deja vu...

Don't worry man, it'll be funny in a few years.

Do the other regionals provide you with a meal during the interview?

I'm broke and hungry, anyone interviewing this week?

skywest does...just saw the spread myself yesterday. if u don'y make iy to lunch, then obviously........

mookie

Mookie said:
skywest does...just saw the spread myself yesterday. if u don'y make iy to lunch, then obviously........

mookie

No they dont, what you saw was an employee appreciation week lunch where the company is providing lunch to all employees all week.

Hmm, I think asking you to brown bag it was kind of polite. I mean, they aren't all the well off financially, and aren't buying you a lunch. But so what? (Do they even have a cafeteria in their offices??) But since the interview day is long, they want to ensure you will be comfortable and have something to eat. Making you stick around all day without food would have been awful, not your brown bag.

Most regionals the size of Island Air aren't going to buy you a lunch, or an airline ticket to interview. Most will let you fly on their own airline space available though. But it isn't their fault you live on the mainland. ATA has some cheap tickets to the islands if you change your mind. Try out of SFO, LAX or PHX.

Even Fedex doesn't buy you an airline ticket to interview. (We do buy lunch, but it is in the cafeteria in the interview building. Easy and cheap to do.)

Imagine showing up with a liquid lunch 40oz of beer in that brown bag.

"But this is lunch, it is made from grain, hops and barley, sugars and some water. Basically just a whole meal in a bottle."

Latest resources

Back