• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bloomberg says LCC and AMR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check my facts? You are basically agreeing with me with only one glaring error. You ASSUME I was hired after the TWA acquisition when I was not. I was on AA property two months before the TWA acquisition was announced.

OK, my bad on the assumption.

That would place you as an Oct/Nov 2000 hire, correct? So there would still be a bunch of TWA pilots integrated at 1:8 ahead of you. Remember, they furloughed a bunch of TWA and AA folks at the same time. The stapled TWA pilots are all below you. However, you were in the group that got furloughed along with many of the 1:8 TWA pilots as well.

why would anyone in thier right mind want to touch LCC. Its a complete mess and a merger will only complicate matters. Better to just bid on the assets and see what happens.

why would anyone in thier right mind want to touch LCC. Its a complete mess and a merger will only complicate matters. Better to just bid on the assets and see what happens.

And in your opinion do what with the pilots???? This is where we are our own worst enemy. Pilot greed is sickening.

What if LCC is doing the "touching", you have to look at the big picture, DP loves having two pilot groups to play off each other, imagine a third...like three companies competing for your business, let the "throat cutting" begin!

Good luck to us all,
KBB

Attrition would be so agressive it wouldn't really matter. The numbers are the numbers- retirements far outpacing that of any other airline, in a short span. Depending on how much the combined airline cut capacity, both AWA and USAir of old would get what they wanted- the pay and QOL each seeks. It's a moot point- everybody would be arguing just to argue.

OK, my bad on the assumption.

That would place you as an Oct/Nov 2000 hire, correct? So there would still be a bunch of TWA pilots integrated at 1:8 ahead of you. Remember, they furloughed a bunch of TWA and AA folks at the same time. The stapled TWA pilots are all below you. However, you were in the group that got furloughed along with many of the 1:8 TWA pilots as well.

AGAIN, that is what I was saying. Another poster indicated that the APA stapled the TWA pilots. That is simply not true. If it had been a true staple then there wouldn't have been 700 TWA pilots still flying for AA when I was furloughed.

As I stated before it wasn't pretty for the TWA pilots but it was not a staple of the entire group which seems to be the assumption around here. I was merely pointing that out.

If I was not clear I apologize however I thought my statement was short and to the point.

LeeRoy... correct - they didn't staple the whole group.

54% stapled, 46% integrated at 1:8.
In actual #s, approx. 1200 stapled and 900 integrated.

Hope this clears it up.
Happy holidays...

Latest resources

Back