Bloomberg says LCC and AMR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, it makes sense on a couple of levels:

1. Gives LAACC the mass to compete with NWDAAL and UACALL.
2. Combines the AWA/APA pilot groups to put USAPA out to pasture.

If they were to merge I believe you are wrong. The AA pilots would definatly support a DOH position. Look at there longevity vs AWA. This number will increase if AA suffers a loos of flying and furloughs.

If they were to merge I believe you are wrong. The AA pilots would definatly support a DOH position. Look at there longevity vs AWA. This number will increase if AA suffers a loos of flying and furloughs.

How did that work out for the easties? I don't give a rats azz what the other side supports. If it is not a reasonable solution, it will not be considered.

The AA pilots would definatly support a DOH position.

Whoa there fella. Have you been actually paying attention to how the APA does business? The only thing they will "definitly" do is look out for their own pilots.

Doug is already too late. He got beat out at DAL and it looks like he's got his pants down now. AMR/APA will be the surviving airline/union and I doubt they are going to be at a sufficient enough contractual disadvantage that they would have to surrender anything to USAPA.

No merger.

I think the whole point of declaring with over 4 billion in cash was to avoid a merger "partner."

They are doing their bankruptcy Mesa style -- self financed. They aren't broke: they are just using the law to screw their suppliers and employees. Like Mesa, somebody will do business with them again, and lend them money -- probably GE Capital. And of course I can't wait for mgt to issue themselves a cut of the new preferred shares, just like Mesa... hell, J.O. should consult...

Won't be a windfall for anybody, Heaven forbid this merger should come to pass.

And for the record, I support binding arbitration and unlike some I can live with the result, come what may.

Agreed. Goes to arbitration and we ACCEPT the outcome even it it doesn't staple the American pilots below us.

APA didn't staple the TWA pilots. If that had been the case I wouldn't have been furloughed with 700 TWA pilots still flying AA metal.

It wasn't pretty for the TWA pilots but saying it was a staple is completely inaccurate.

Ummm... you may want to check your facts.

Approx. 1200 pilots got stapled and approx 900 got integrated at 1:8. You just happened to have been hired after the last TWA stapled pilot.

Latest resources

Back