• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bloomberg says LCC and AMR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ummm... you may want to check your facts.

Approx. 1200 pilots got stapled and approx 900 got integrated at 1:8. You just happened to have been hired after the last TWA stapled pilot.

Check my facts? You are basically agreeing with me with only one glaring error. You ASSUME I was hired after the TWA acquisition when I was not. I was on AA property two months before the TWA acquisition was announced.

I knew what you were talking about Leroy. You got a bad deal too that the TWA guys either have forgot about or don't care.

Won't be a windfall for anybody, Heaven forbid this merger should come to pass.

And for the record, I support binding arbitration and unlike some I can live with the result, come what may.

TWA Dude -

Rather than agreeing or disagreeing with your post - I will just make an observation - if there is a merger with 3 pilot groups and 3 contracts - I will bet that in 5 years from now there will be over 2000 retirements - so all these people posting - many wont even be here for the long term

Metrojet

You are absolutly correct. Just like USAPA did.
Actually, I'll have to agree with you here. In light of how the APA handled the TWA seniority integration one can only assume they'll have as little integrity as the USAir Easties. I still don't understand why you're an apologist for them.

Last edited:
TWA Dude -

Rather than agreeing or disagreeing with your post - I will just make an observation - if there is a merger with 3 pilot groups and 3 contracts - I will bet that in 5 years from now there will be over 2000 retirements - so all these people posting - many wont even be here for the long term

George Nicolau was well aware of the forecast retirements at US Air yet he chose not to grant the East a windfall at the West's expense because of them. It's indicative of how SLI arbitrations are going now, focusing on the more certain short-term rather than the less certain long-term. So your bet is moot.

Who will "win" if there is a merger with AA and LCC? The AWA guys will likely push for arbitration, but with the Nicalau award which will stand eventually. Throw in very old pilot groups at USair East and AA, and if this merger goes, those AWA guys will rise to the top of the new AA very fast. AA has old captains and old FOs, just like USair East. That NIC award will eventually stand, and the Eastholes can go suck it.

Godspeed!

OYS

TWA Dude -

Metrojet

If the merger happens, NIC will stand, USAPA will fall. Heck yeah!

Godspeed!

OYS

Whoa there fella. Have you been actually paying attention to how the APA does business? The only thing they will "definitly" do is look out for their own pilots.

You are correct. But you see a DOH merger puts a vast amount of East Coast folks on the street in a hurry due to 65 and the AA guys are much more senior, (longevity) than are the west. They will do what is best for them. Obviously DOH is better than the NIC for APA in this hypothetical scenario.

Actually, I'll have to agree with you here. In light of how the APA handled the TWA seniority integration one can only assume they'll have as little integrity as the USAir Easties. I still don't understand why you're an apologist for them.

I am not fan of theirs but I just look at typical pilot greed and do the math. Your scenerio is awful as you have not been treated fairly by a number of pilot groups starting with the APA.

Latest resources

Back