• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BEWARE G-III job based PIE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok,maybe about 20 percent of jobs outside of those listed above are good. But let's face it, most part 135 and part 91 flying is pure cr@p, you know It and I know. The scumbag operators outweigh the good operators by a long shot. I have just witnessed to many good people get burned by these kind of shady operators.

Spoken by the guy who has flown WSCofD, beechjets and KingAirs ... an expert in part 91 operations no doubt.

Last edited:
Spoken by the guy who has flown WSCofD, beechjets and KingAirs ... an expert in part 91 operations no doubt.

pattern master may have exaggerated a bit but I think it's fair to say the really good 135(not sure even one exist) & 91 jobs are far and few between.

landlover said:
...I think it's fair to say the really good 135(not sure even one exist) & 91 jobs are far and few between.
I disagree. See my earlier post. You just have to pick and choose a little and have some patience. An awful lot of guys raise when they should stay.

I disagree. See my earlier post. You just have to pick and choose a little and have some patience. An awful lot of guys raise when they should stay.

if you disagree with what i wrote, how could it hurt to raise at all? I know it's splitting hairs but if the odds were in the favor of most 135&91 jobs being "really good" jobs why would one need to be patient and wait for one?

In the past 2 months I interviewed for 3 jobs. One of which was 135/91 ... the others were pure 91. All jobs paid mid 100's with better than average benefits. If you ain't finding good jobs out there then you are not looking in the right places.

if you disagree with what i wrote, how could it hurt to raise at all? I know it's splitting hairs but if the odds were in the favor of most 135&91 jobs being "really good" jobs why would one need to be patient and wait for one?
Dude. They're not ALL good. You don't bet everything you've got on every hand.
If G100driver can get a good job, and I can get a good job, it can't be that hard to get a good job. (Sorry, G-man. No offense :))

Ok guys, my original response to this post is what I have personally witnessed in my last ten years flying for various part 91/135 companies and 1 regional airline. As of right now I am working for a good part 135 carrier with good pay and actual hard days off every month. I may have come off a little bitter due to the fact that I have had the misfortune of working for some scumbag operators probably like many other pilots on this board. If you are lucky enough to never had to work for a bad company which treats there pilots like sh!t good for you. And bad operators do outweigh the good operators, this is my personal opinion from my past experiences,sorry if you disagree.

Ok guys, my original response to this post is what I have personally witnessed in my last ten years flying for various part 91/135 companies and 1 regional airline. As of right now I am working for a good part 135 carrier with good pay and actual hard days off every month. I may have come off a little bitter due to the fact that I have had the misfortune of working for some scumbag operators probably like many other pilots on this board. If you are lucky enough to never had to work for a bad company which treats there pilots like sh!t good for you. And bad operators do outweigh the good operators, this is my personal opinion from my past experiences,sorry if you disagree.

Well, I thought it was funny, not bitter. A little humor on these boards now and then is a good thing.

This is a tough market right now. If someone has trouble finding a good job these days why would anyone be surprised?

In my short corporate carrier (6 years) Ive noticed good jobs go to good people. There will always be an exception to that. But the exception usually doesn't last long. In the last year Ive had friends get good jobs and others stay at bad jobs. There is a reason some of them stay at bad jobs.

Latest resources

Back