• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BEWARE G-III job based PIE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The story is unless you work for a descent major airline, good fortune 500 flight department, or one of the top fractional companies out there(i.e, xojet or netjets),it probably will turn out to be a sh!TTY flying job.

Ok,maybe about 20 percent of jobs outside of those listed above are good. But let's face it, most part 135 and part 91 flying is pure cr@p, you know It and I know. The scumbag operators outweigh the good operators by a long shot. I have just witnessed to many good people get burned by these kind of shady operators.

Two of the most ignorant and misinformed posts I've read in a long, long time. Flying for a smaller corporation or the right private individual is by far the top of this industry. Just because you don't know how to find these cherry jobs, doesn't mean they're not out there. Here's a clue. You'll never read about them on a public jobs website...

Two of the most ignorant and misinformed posts I've read in a long, long time. Flying for a smaller corporation or the right private individual is by far the top of this industry. Just because you don't know how to find these cherry jobs, doesn't mean they're not out there. Here's a clue. You'll never read about them on a public jobs website...

Or Pattern-Master could be in South Florida.

Aircraft flown part 91. Has never been airworthy in over 5 years. Will not spend money on mx.

They will tell you they are looking at a G-IV. It will never happen. Been saying that for 2 years now. Don't take the bait.

Just trying to save someone the misery of dealing with this Mickey Mouse operation.

Typical FI responses. Always got to be the doubters. Go ahead apply and take the job. Then P.M. me in about 6 months after you see what you got yourself in to.

Nobody's saying that the job isn't crap, Stranger;
just saying that patternmaster doesn't know what he's talking about.

Ok,maybe about 20 percent of jobs outside of those listed above are good. But let's face it, most part 135 and part 91 flying is pure cr@p, you know It and I know. The scumbag operators outweigh the good operators by a long shot. I have just witnessed to many good people get burned by these kind of shady operators.

Wow, you could not be more wrong.

The thread starter may be right, but the execution is a little off. Not everyone on FI is a “doubter”, we were left to our devices to figure out what the problem was and had to make our own assumptions.

Trashing a former employer never makes sense. If it was bad, you go about your business and find something new…it just wasn’t a good fit.

Most times there are two sides to every story and it would appear that this is no exception. If you took your salary and flew a plane that wasn’t airworthy, it doesn’t reflect positively on anybody and the owner may have been conditioned to believe it was acceptable.

Simply don’t know what went on, but most owners don’t want to go down with the ship and are understanding when problems with mtx are explained to them by a professional. If they don't get it, you leave. Reputations of the bad owners are already pretty well known.

Back in the 80's and 90's the FAA privately referred to the PIE/TPA 135 arena as the "snake pit." The cast of characters and the shenanigans that went on were notorious. From what I've heard, there are still some operators in the area that are carrying on the tradition, so beware. Regardless of where you are looking, you need to do your own research on any 91/135 job offer before you jump in with both feet.

I survived the pit and got out as fast as I could.

AKAAB said:
Regardless of where you are looking, you need to do your own research on any 91/135 job offer before you jump in with both feet.
What he said ^^

Latest resources

Back