Being let go on probation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dooooood,

You and I must be the only guys in the world that are NOT hung over after spending the night puking. If you ever get hired at another airline, I hope your maturity level goes up a few notches. This ain't college anymore. Enjoy living in your parents basement.

I agree that things shouldn't have gone as far as they did that night; but, being the fact that that was probably the only time in my life that things have gone that far I hardly consider it a maturity issue. I hardly ever go to bars and drink. It's not my scene....and for your information I spent all my time in college flying and studying. I went to a pretty low key university and did none of the proverbial "girls gone wild" partying. You don't know me and are making assumptions of who I am based on one story that has been blown grossly out of proportion. Me mentioning that I wasn't hungover wasn't to show how great I can hold my alcohol. As a matter a fact I don't hold it very well at all....because I hardly ever drink. From what I'm making out it sounded like I showed up to class with a trash can sitting next to my seat, downing asprin every five minutes and unable to keep my head up or eyes open. That isn't even close to the reality of the situation.

In the past 48 hours I've lost my job and shortly after that I've had my ex (who was about a week away from being my fiance) start causing ******************** in my life again which isn't exactly helping my emotional state at the moment. My entire life as I know it has collapsed in the past 48 hours. I came on here looking for advice on a training issue with my probationary checkride....and it's turned into a thread making me out to be an alcoholic who show's up to work drunk.

Thanks for your lack of constructive advice; but, until you know me don't make assumptions of who and I am or how I live my life. Thanks

Last edited:
Life sucks. Welcome to life.

I've had some pretty sheety times too. Like the last 2 years of my life have been an absolute HELL.

Time heals all wounds so just checkout a few 6'ers and life will be back to normal again. That or some Valium or Xanax!

Life sucks. Welcome to life.

I've had some pretty sheety times too. Like the last 2 years of my life have been an absolute HELL.

Time heals all wounds so just checkout a few 6'ers and life will be back to normal again. That or some Valium or Xanax!

I completely agree. Things will get better. I'm just a little edgy right now.

My last post wasn't directed at you. I'm frustrated because I don't take alcohol and flying lightly. I just don't want to be made out as something I'm not. Since I've started this thread I've been flooded with PM's of people wanting to help me and offering job leads. I don't want this thread to turn into something that makes me out to be a young punk who has issues with alcohol...all due to some overblown story of something that happened a year ago.

I appreciate all the help and encouragement from everyone so far and all those that have sent me PM's.

Last edited:
I agree that things shouldn't have gone as far as they did that night; but, being the fact that that was probably the only time in my life that things have gone that far I hardly consider it a maturity issue. I hardly ever go to bars and drink. It's not my scene....and for your information I spent all my time in college flying and studying. I went to a pretty low key university and did none of the proverbial "girls gone wild" partying. You don't know me and are making assumptions of who I am based on one story that has been blown grossly out of proportion. Me mentioning that I wasn't hungover wasn't to show how great I can hold my alcohol. As a matter a fact I don't hold it very well at all....because I hardly ever drink. From what I'm making out it sounded like I showed up to class with a trash can sitting next to my seat, downing asprin every five minutes and unable to keep my head up or eyes open. That isn't even close to the reality of the situation.

In the past 48 hours I've lost my job and shortly after that I've had my ex (who was about a week away from being my fiance) start causing ******************** in my life again which isn't exactly helping my emotional state at the moment. My entire life as I know it has collapsed in the past 48 hours. I came on here looking for advice on a training issue with my probationary checkride....and it's turned into a thread making me out to be an alcoholic who show's up to work drunk.

Thanks for your lack of constructive advice; but, until you know me don't make assumptions of who and I am or how I live my life. Thanks

Sorry about your personal life issues. Many of us, including myself, have been through rough patches too. It sucks, but that's life, and things don't get any easier as you grow older. As for your decision making skills, this one event is enough to tell me that they are pretty poor. Why did you go out and get hammered knowing you had to be in ground school in the morning?? (because everyone else did is not a valid answer) Whether or not you are a drinker is a mute point. The facts are what they are, and you seemed to neglect this "little" incident. Why?? Who knows, but it certainly doesn't help your cause. Alcohol and aviation is a very serious subject these days, and one should know that, especially while attending a new hire training class. You've proven that you can take things a little to far knowing you have a responsibility in the A.M. Do I party?? You bet your a$$, but I do it at the appropriate times.

but, what the hell

Hopefully, you will figure out that this one statement is exactly the problem. This statement has probably come before many an accident, ala Pinnacle 410 club. Everything in aviation requires exactly the opposite attitude of "but, what the hell".

My entire life as I know it has collapsed in the past 48 hours. I came on here looking for advice on a training issue with my probationary checkride....and it's turned into a thread making me out to be an alcoholic who show's up to work drunk.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Please make sure you have a family member or a close friend you can lean on during these times. These are 2 huge portions of your life, and coming to here of all places may not be the healthiest of things to do when looking for consolation.

Keep your head up.

These are 2 huge portions of your life, and coming to here of all places may not be the healthiest of things to do when looking for consolation.

Keep your head up.

you beat me to it.

My friend, I hope you learn your lesson and never come here again with a personal issue like this, we have some judgemental bitches in here. They jump to conclusions, attack your character, and kick you while you're down. People don't know who you are, so many guys reap the benefits of that, they don't hold back.

Next time you need to discuss something personal, email a few close friends, don't come here. I can only imagine how you feel right now, and you have to defend yourself against these ass****s on top of that????

Last edited:
you beat me to it.

My friend, I hope you learn your lesson and never come here again with a personal issue like this, we have some judgemental bitches in here. They jump to conclusions, attack your character, and kick you while you're down. People don't know who you are, so many guys reap the benefits of that, they don't hold back.

Next time you need to discuss something personal, email a few close friends, don't come here. I can only imagine how you feel right now, and you have to defend yourself against these ass****s on top of that????

Thank you. Believe me I never expected to start talking about personal issues on here. All I was looking for was professional advice on my work situation. It somehow morphed into what it is now.

The fact of what happened a year ago in training (which was nowhere near the big frat party it has been made out to be on here....if it was I think I, and pretty much the entire class, would have been let go right then and there) would come back to bite me after a year of me trying to be the most professional and courtious pilot I possibly could. It never even crossed my mind when I started this thread. In fact, that night hasn't even cross my mind pretty much since the night itself.

I never should have posted the "deets" on here. I'm not too sure what I was thinking. I wasn't thinking straight and got on a typing frenzy I guess.

As far as those saying to make sure I have family and close friends around right now...thank you. I certainly have just that. Unfortunately, it's times like these when you realize who your true friends really are. Haha that can be depressing in itself when you realize who isn't "real" in your life. However, on flip side you realize who you, yourself don't give enough credit.

Last edited:
Thank you. Believe me I never expected to start talking about personal issues on here. All I was looking for was professional advice on my work situation. It somehow morphed into what it is now.

The fact of what happened a year ago in training (which was nowhere near the big frat party it has been made out to be on here....if it was I think I, and pretty much the entire class, would have been let go right then and there) would come back to bite me after a year of me trying to be the most professional and courtious pilot I possibly could. It never even crossed my mind when I started this thread. In fact, that night hasn't even cross my mind pretty much since the night itself.

I never should have posted the "deets" on here. I'm not too sure what I was thinking. I wasn't thinking straight and got on a typing frenzy I guess.

As far as those saying to make sure I have family and close friends around right now...thank you. I certainly have just that. Unfortunately, it's times like these that you realize who your true friends really are. Haha that can be depressing in itself when you realize who isn't "real" in your life. However, on flip side you realize who you, yourself don't give enough credit.

If I was you I would light up a big doobie seeings how you're between jobs and not under any drug program at the moment. May help you feel a little better! :pimp:

sounds to me like one heck of an overnight, maybe the instructors were a little unnerved that you were having a better time than they were

Latest resources

Back