Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here are the "deets" from eaglelounge.
-------------------------------------------------

the jest of the story is a group from his class went to the bar and he got absolutley trashed and was up on the tables. puked all night and went to class the next day extremely hung over. training department took a dim view of a new hire showing up to class in that situation.

The Deets come out!

Poor kid. Must have been overly excited to drink with an airline crew.

How old is 7574ever anyway? Sounds like he doesn't have experience holding his liquor.

the jest of the story is a group from his class went to the bar and he got absolutley trashed and was up on the tables. puked all night and went to class the next day extremely hung over. training department took a dim view of a new hire showing up to class in that situation.

Ok well now that everyone seems to be talking about me I might as well defend myself. I'll admit I was standing on a table. The REASON I was up there in the pics is because it was told to the waitress that it was my 21st b-day (it really wasn't; but, what the hell). It was the tradition at this place that while they sing you their "b-day" song you have to stand on the table and dance (I think you had to spell out your name with your rear or something like that....thank God my name is short.) Unfortunately, that seemed to be the start of their "b-day traditions". It later involved ice cream and chocolate....and not for me to eat. I think there was one pic of me being held up by about ten other guys after the "ice cream celebration". As far as anything going beyond that...no. I wasn't streaking through the halls of the lovely airline hotel while screaming at the top of my lungs or anything like that.

Admitedly, I did throw up that night; but, as far as being hung over the next day...I was probably the only one of the fourteen of us out that were out that night that WASN'T hung over.

We didn't, in any way, make a bad name for the airline while we were out. Never even said a thing about being pilots. In fact I think one of the people that was out answered the "who are we and what do we do" question with saying that we were trash collectors for the city.

I am FAR from a party boy. Never was and never will be. That is probably the worst I have ever been in my life.

I will be the first to admit that I deserve everything I got on the first oral. It went miserably; but, I went home got some sleep, got my health back, got my nerves under control, returned to the training center got the retraining and went for the second attempt. If this night from a year ago was a big reason for my unsat the second time.....I don't really know what to say.

Last edited:
Andy,
you are correct. I refused a certain sim instructor and company said 'we will consider this a first strike or you can resign'.
I did resign from the company..

That's a shame. If you do it tactfully (!), I think telling a new employer that there are fundamental training issues with a specific instructor is a mark of a professional aviator.

Of course, if you go through more than one, the problem is probably you, not them. Still, it takes courage to go to the chief and tell them that one of their instructors isn't cutting the mustard, and you'd like another one.

Admitedly, I did throw up that night; but, as far as being hung over the next day...I was probably the only one of the fourteen of us out that were out that night that WASN'T hung over.
Dooooood,

You and I must be the only guys in the world that are NOT hung over after spending the night puking. If you ever get hired at another airline, I hope your maturity level goes up a few notches. This ain't college anymore. Enjoy living in your parents basement.

I still don't think that's a fair reason for letting someone go almost a year after the fact. I think you just got the one A-hole instructor that was having a bad day.

It may not have been the sole reason, but alcohol and aviation is a big issue. That type of behavior raises red flags further down the road. It's basically a mark on your record. Too many marks and well, you know, they find a reason to fire you.

IOW's, it's called getting started on the wrong foot. Cumulatively, the little things start to add up and then thye find an arbitrary training issue to get rid of you on.

Eagle ain't the end of the world. You got experience and by no means will this be the end of your flying career.

Good luck and don't get down on yourself.

Latest resources

Back