• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Being let go on probation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well if Skywest has my training folder I'd be scratching my head as to why. haha However, you do have really good advice about getting hold of my training folder. I'll get in touch with my old employer and make that happen. It would be nice to see what was said. I guess I do need the info to properly defend myself in the future.

Oh. Heh. RTFQ, eh?

Seriously though . .. . every pilot should ALWAYS get copies of their employee file when leaving a current company. They're legally required to show it to you as a current employee, and you don't want any surprises when your PRIA gets run.

I was thinking the same thing....and that would have been his first mistake.

On a side note, if it is Eagle I know at least one pilot who failed his 1 year check ride, resigned in lieu of termination, that we have hired here at Republic.

That would be bullet #2 that I've dodged.

In any case, I'd love to offer advice, but the only thing that I can think of is "there but by the grace of God go I." Hang in there bro.

-Goose

Last edited:
747, as we both are now former Eagle employees I have to ask you, what were you probation reports like? It seems to me like you were 'marked' as in no matter what happened they wanted you out of the company, usually three or four negative probation reports will get a new hire marked.
My second question is have you ever considered working over seas? My current employer has a bunch of Legacies and loves Eagle guys, you would have to live in Dubai for two months at a time, but 12,500 a month with no taxes is pretty good. Let me know if I can help.

Hey man keep your head up.
If I could give any advice I would do as others have said in getting your training folder, memorizing every word from it and have a bulletproof (and believe it yourself) story on what you've learned from this. You will look very well at an interview if your straight with the board and say " Yea I screwed up but have learned from it, this will never happen again, it was my wake up call". I agree the MEL being grounds for dismissal is very shallow if that's the only reason for the final unsat.
Everything happens for a reason.

Last edited:
As far as future employment goes, I'd recommend getting your training folder from Skywest to see what is in it. They should provide this to you for a nominal fee, if anything..

As long as I have been at SkyWest I have seen very few people fail there probation ride. More fail there upgrade then probation at SkyWest. I don't know why everyone is so scared of the non-union thing. It was way worse when I was at Eagle.

This guy is not even talking about SkyWest. He is TSA or Eagle. My guess Eagle they had very hard probation/check rides.

Last edited:
There's studying for a checkride and then there's STUDYING for a checkride. The next time you have a chance at a checkride, try to remember that your job is riding on it. Think back to the months before your checkride and ask yourself whether you could have studied more.

Dang 757 you just havent been having much fun man...I feel for you! Just keep your head up, make sure you get the records and explain what you learned from this in the next interview.

Hope for the best man!

7474ever,
I am still a member of Eaglelounge, and someone posted your first post on this thread. A few of the guys on Eaglelounge are instructors, apparently they know who you are, and they say that they knew who you were before you even came in for your ride, meaning that your name is one that had been brought to their attention as a "problem child" so whats the story????

As far as resigning goes, now that all the airlines use PRIA any place that you interview will see the two busts and the resignation. Not trying to get you down, just trying to find out the whole story.

Again I am happy to help you out with a good job, just let me know.

As long as I have been at SkyWest I have seen very few people fail there probation ride. More fail there upgrade then probation at SkyWest. I don't know why everyone is so scared of the non-union thing. It was way worse when I was at Eagle.

This guy is not even talking about SkyWest. He is TSA or Eagle. My guess Eagle they had very hard probation/check rides.

Skywest would have fired him.

And one of the check airman at Eagle said
"yea, i met the guy briefly. heard stories from people that were there and have seen pictures of the evening that got him and others in trouble."

747, we need some Deets!!!

Latest resources

Back