• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Being let go on probation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SIU, you will get your "deets". I'll send you a PM tomorrow. I need to get to bed at the moment. I was going to PM you tomorrow anyway about the job you mention in the previous post. I have questions but I think it is something that I would love to give a go.

To hear this is kind of a shock to be honest. I didn't think I had really rubbed anyone the wrong way there and felt that I was liked by a vast majority of the captains that I flew with. All my probationary reports were fine. I saw every one of them before I went to recurrent.

Not that it matters; but, I hope nothing bad is being said about me on eagle lounge. I didn't mean anything bad in my origional post. I just wanted to explain my situation and look for advice. To be called a "problem child" I think is a bit harsh. I was nothing of the sort. I'll explain in the PM tomorrow.

7 when I was at that toilet bowl, I used to see them screw with folks all the time, for whatever reason and they love to try and ruin your career there, I don't know what Eagles' problem is but I have personally witnessed and seen the horror stories, one
guy ORD based was fired after 13 reports in 1 month, flying with Captains' that did not like him, felt he didn't belong in the cockpit not because he wasn't qaulified, but for other reasons. (think tint)

A.H. fired him, the guy left the office in tears, he tried to explain what really hapened, but A. H. wasn't buying it.

A good buddy of mine was let go because he stood up to an a-hole captain, came up for his probie ride and was told by the examiner he knowledge was horrible, A. H. cut him too. Yea Eagle will hire anyone (when they were hiring) but be prepared to get your buttocks violated, even if your keeping your nose down.

One more thing, those A-holes will try to mess you up on your next job interview, get a copy of your training records, and if you don't agree with what was written in your training event folder, FOR GODS' SAKE DON'T SIGN IT !!!! THEY WILL TRY TO USE IT AGAINST YOU. Happened to me at a job interview, but it eventually backfired big time, with job interviewers who know about Eagle......and a lawyer.

Ok well now that everyone seems to be talking about me I might as well defend myself. I'll admit I was standing on a table. The REASON I was up there in the pics is because it was told to the waitress that it was my 21st b-day (it really wasn't; but, what the hell). It was the tradition at this place that while they sing you their "b-day" song you have to stand on the table and dance (I think you had to spell out your name with your rear or something like that....thank God my name is short.) Unfortunately, that seemed to be the start of their "b-day traditions". It later involved ice cream and chocolate....and not for me to eat. I think there was one pic of me being held up by about ten other guys after the "ice cream celebration". As far as anything going beyond that...no. I wasn't streaking through the halls of the lovely airline hotel while screaming at the top of my lungs or anything like that.

Admitedly, I did throw up that night; but, as far as being hung over the next day...I was probably the only one of the fourteen of us out that were out that night that WASN'T hung over.

We didn't, in any way, make a bad name for the airline while we were out. Never even said a thing about being pilots. In fact I think one of the people that was out answered the "who are we and what do we do" question with saying that we were trash collectors for the city.

I am FAR from a party boy. Never was and never will be. That is probably the worst I have ever been in my life.

I will be the first to admit that I deserve everything I got on the first oral. It went miserably; but, I went home got some sleep, got my health back, got my nerves under control, returned to the training center got the retraining and went for the second attempt. If this night from a year ago was a big reason for my unsat the second time.....I don't really know what to say.

Hate to tell you this, but this isn't the first time this has happened at Eagle, and it won't be the last, that's just the way they do things there. Anyone can have a bad day, you got retrained and still came up short. Believe me, if they want you out of Eagle, your going out, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it as a probie.

Get your mental state back where it needs to be and tell all who were done wrong at Eagle to keep posting there experiences on this and other boards, the only way to fight back is by information, the more word that gets out about Eagle and there B.S. tactics, the better for all who were let go by them. you will recover from this, chin up my man!!!

Your EX, if she ain't helpin, tell her to get to steppin!!!

Latest resources

Back