• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B19 Flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
. . . Union greed and selfishness astounds me.

Management greed and selfishness astounds me!

If it wasn't for that, there would be no "union greed".

Unions only happen due to Failed Management

What a beautiful thing. When a company is profitable a company can grow and create jobs which is what this new president is pledging to do.

Unions feel a profitable company is creating a piece of the pie they are entitled to. Unions don't feel that a prospering company should create more jobs and a better way of life for many. Instead, they would prefer to have increased salary and benefits for fewer rather than fair wages and stable incomes for many.

This is why when furloughs happen at NJ later this year, the bottom of the seniority list will get hammered rather than NJASAP negotiating to keep as many jobs on the property as possible. Unions are not out to protect their brethern, they are out to protect their pocketbooks.

Union members call management greedy yet fail to look in the mirror at what they are doing to their own membership in true times of need.

And your reference to scab? Please refer to the first post on this thread by the moderator to clear that up and the request not to use that untrue reference, of either "Bob" or "Scab".

What you seem to want to ignor, is that many of us that helped to get the Union onto the Flight Options property, were A Teamers that wanted nothing to do with a Union, until we were placed under attack by Scheeringa and his Hired Hitmen.

Greedy Management who treat their employees with an utter lack of respect cause Unions to be voted upon their properties.

Treat employees with respect, and compensate them fairly, and I can assure you, a Union would never have a chance of being voted in.

I currently work at just such a place. We won't have a Union here if things continue along the way they are going, not because Management does not want one, but because our Pilots see no need for one.

Greedy Management is its own undoing. That lesson was learned at Flight Options. And now the price will be paid by the current management there, having to operate within the confines of a Pilot Contract.

A little less greed, and the Union would have never been voted in. You can thank Scheeringa for that. He single handedly turned the most Pro Business Pilot group in the Country, into one that voted in the Teamsters by a 67% margin. Now that's what I call poor management.

Freedom is Not Free

Fisch,

At the risk of sounding like I agree with your friend here (NOT), I always preferred another line from the same flick:

"As with all creatures, each according to his gifts."

Carry on.
From our friend J Mac at Flying magazine:

Left Seat
By J. Mac McClellan
A Hero Pilot, as Expected

US Airways Captain Chesley Sullenberger is universally being hailed as a hero for his successful ditching of an Airbus A320 in the Hudson River. And he should be. But Captain Sullenberger's performance is exactly what we should all have expected, and in fact is what the rules require.

You see, in air transport flying, whether it be in the airlines or business jets, or any large airplane that requires a type rating, there are no "B" or "C" pilots allowed. Everyone must meet the same high standard of performance, and then be retrained and rechecked routinely to be sure that level of proficiency is maintained.

The same is not true for pilots of small airplanes flying for their own personal or business reasons. For personal flying in lighter airplanes we want a safe and reasonable standard that makes it possible for people with the widest array of experience and aptitude to fly. But at the ATP level in large airplanes only the best will do. For a type rating, or recurrent training and checking, there is only one passing grade and that is proficient in each task. The only other grades are making progress toward proficiency, which means you cannot be pilot in command.

When you view airline flying this way it becomes immediately apparent why only a seniority system can work to allow pilots to advance in pay, scheduling, and from copilot to captain, and to larger airplanes. Since every pilot meets the same standard they are all equal in performance. For those who are no longer equal, they're grounded. So congratulations to Captain Sullenberger for doing exactly what the training and testing of all airline pilots requires. The system works.

Yes, I know, we're not an airline. But the same logic applies in this case.

Great link Grump.

Well said J Mac!

When you view airline flying this way it becomes immediately apparent why only a seniority system can work to allow pilots to advance in pay, scheduling, and from copilot to captain, and to larger airplanes. Since every pilot meets the same standard they are all equal in performance. For those who are no longer equal, they're grounded. So congratulations to Captain Sullenberger for doing exactly what the training and testing of all airline pilots requires. The system works.

I have had that wind bag on ignore now for a long time. I remember trying to figure out how at the time someone could write 200 posts about the same thing... I laughed so hard I almost pooped out a little Bob to find he has almot 1100 post saying the same thing. FLOPS laws off before the holidays then after the holidays and crews still sit around for days waiting for trips. MS did his job-he made all the owners go away because pleasing them was too hard. It won't be long now.. FLOPS is doomed to disappear into the history books and B19 will soon go away.

If Flops management cared about there crews they would have got rid of Babbling Bob when they returned..Its business as usual at Flops..And you are right Galaxy they soon will be out of business when HIG pulls the plug..Then where will Babblin Bob and the rest of the Cronies go? There will be alot of people in that office that will be hard pressed to find a job with there reputations. The pilots will always find work.(the good ones anyways) the rest better hope they been saving there fat salaries

I wouldn't expect HIG to "pull the plug" as in sell off what assets they own. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't do what RAC tried to do and that is make the company sustain itself. Which will mean getting rid of what they don't need.

Let me refer you to the first post on this thread that clarified the fact I wasn't Bob. So, your top ten list? Never saw it, but I'd love to. Go ahead and post it.

Sure, Bob, sure. I read that too, and simply didn't believe it.

So, you got any good Eastern stories?

Sure, Bob, sure. I read that too, and simply didn't believe it.

So, you got any good Eastern stories?

As a matter of fact I do but it's not because I worked there, it's because I worked with former management from there. Still can't admit that Lorenzo saved as many jobs in other airlines as was lost in the Eastern debacle can you?

Still haven't seen that top ten list yet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back