• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B19 Flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IF it happens, OF COURSE it will be bigger. We are 10 times bigger than the closest competitor! You are a real fortune teller.

its not a matter of big salaries. This is what the job pays and if the company can't handle it then it isnt the pilots fault.

Will the union adjust the CBA to save jobs?

its not a matter of big salaries. This is what the job pays and if the company can't handle it then it isnt the pilots fault.

If the company can't handle it, then your job suddenly pays a lot less, if you have one at all and the union screwed up by asking for more money than the company could afford. If the company could afford before and can't now, then the responsible thing for the union to do is to adjust the contract accordingly.

Like that is going to happen! :laugh:

IF it happens, OF COURSE it will be bigger. We are 10 times bigger than the closest competitor! You are a real fortune teller.

No, you don't understand. I'm not talking sheer numbers, I'm talking pct. of pilots and total bite out of the CBA. It will be staggering compared to all the rest.

A high cost CBA means a higher cash burn when the revenue doesn't match.

When it happens you'll be asking your union membership why aren't they protecting you, right?

Isn't that what they promised?

It's obviously not the company's fault.

So why did Shares and FlexJet furlough instead of across the board paycuts? In the world according to B, those companies have the ability to do so in order to save jobs. Why hasn't it happened then?

No, you don't understand. I'm not talking sheer numbers, I'm talking pct. of pilots and total bite out of the CBA. It will be staggering compared to all the rest.

A high cost CBA means a higher cash burn when the revenue doesn't match.

When it happens you'll be asking your union membership why aren't they protecting you, right?

Isn't that what they promised?

It's obviously not the company's fault.

Wrong. It is a Union shop. It is known how things work if and when we must furlough. No surprise.
AND THEY ARE PROTECTING ME.
From management hacks playing favorites if they must lay off.
Bet that chaps your a$$.
Sorry, just because you don't like it does not mean we don't.

As far as %'s go, I don't agree with you. I will leave reading tea leaves to the hacks.

no the union didn't screw up at all.....there is a reason the union is there.

Our CBA states what the job pays. The company agreed to that. Times are tough right now, but me taking a pay cut while others(management) don't isn't the way to do it.

Ill be all in favor of a pay cut via an amended contract, but that pay cut must be COMPANY wide, including management.

Like THAT is gonna happen.:)

no the union didn't screw up at all.....there is a reason the union is there.

Our CBA states what the job pays. The company agreed to that. Times are tough right now, but me taking a pay cut while others(management) don't isn't the way to do it.

Ill be all in favor of a pay cut via an amended contract, but that pay cut must be COMPANY wide, including management.

Like THAT is gonna happen.:)

Not once, but TWICE in different carriers I have taken pay cuts as a director and manager (along with the rest of management and rank and file employees) because the company was trying to accomodate an unreasonable union that refused to even negotiate. The ignorance and arrogance that you and unions show in times like can never be overstated.

Junior, you don't have a clue as to what happens in the real world of aviation if you think that management and other employee groups don't take pay cuts IN ADVANCE of unions when the entire company is at risk or heading into bankruptcy because of a CBA.

Go take another swig of that kool-aide while you think that union is going to protect the jobs of your brotherhood. When it hits the fan, and I hear as many as 20% along with 50 airplanes, I'll be watching as all of you cry. As I've stated before, I don't want to see anybody be furloughed, but an expensive CBA is nice during good times but falls a lot harder and the cuts are a lot deeper during the bad.

Because 19 is FOS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Shares offer packages and early outs to some? That doesn't happen in union shops.

It's also traditional for non-union companies to reduce head count by retirements and packages rather than bottom up seniority furloughs mandated by unions.

Latest resources

Back