• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA to hire 80+ more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Alright, I've obtained corroborating evidence courtesy of our Scheduling Committee: Crew Resourses says it intends to hire for FEB 06. The expected number is 30-50 pilots. This is a FACT although like everything else it could change.

I hope the Company and ALPA are smart enough to bring AAA guys off the furloughed list before hiring off the street. Their final seniority number can be determined at a later time/date.

There is no excuse for hiring off the street with so many AAA guys on furlough. I hope the AAA MEC brings this up to Parker.

I know I've been vocal about this.

FLYLOW22 said:
Doesn't make sense to hire/recall any more pilots at either airline with a merger in the works and with MESA available flying replacement jets the size of DC9s for crap wages.

Either you are flame baitin' or Don't really know what you are talking about---
Crap wages eh?--

Refresh my memory how you NJA guys are doing?

TWA Dude said:
Alright, I've obtained corroborating evidence courtesy of our Scheduling Committee: Crew Resourses says it intends to hire for FEB 06. The expected number is 30-50 pilots. This is a FACT although like everything else it could change.

Whatever info you get from crew resources, I believe, comes from the CP's office...which told me Oct ..

An assistant chief pilot in my recurrent last month said the same thing - about 40 starting in October. They're trying to keep it a little quiet because they know USAirways guys would blow a fuse if they knew it was coming.

Cactus73 said:
I hope the Company and ALPA are smart enough to bring AAA guys off the furloughed list before hiring off the street. Their final seniority number can be determined at a later time/date.

There is no excuse for hiring off the street with so many AAA guys on furlough. I hope the AAA MEC brings this up to Parker.

I know I've been vocal about this.

As for the 'who to offer the jobs to', the problem is that AWA has already interviewed these guys in the pool and offered them a job when it becomes available. If the USAirways guys wanted the jobs here they should have come over and interviewed like the rest of us. They wouldn't have had to resign their seniority over there, so as the company sees it it's their choice, and has been as long as AWA has been hiring.

What happens to our new-hires after the merger is another story - one that will be settled as the lists are integrated.

HAL

Doesn't make sense to hire/recall any more pilots at either airline with a merger in the works and with MESA available flying replacement jets the size of DC9s for crap wages.

Perhaps we should try to achieve a parity of pay, similar to PPP? Calling the flying mesa does "replacement" is a bit condecending.

BTW: When are the anticipated classes for current poolies?

Thanks in advance!

joevollers said:
Whatever info you get from crew resources, I believe, comes from the CP's office...which told me Oct ..
Management is like the kid's game "telephone". See the thread entitled "rumor control" on the ALPA message board. Regardless I guess we'll find out this autumn.

TWA Dude said:
AA furloughed so many TWA guys (the bottom of the list) that some AA pilots had to be trained and brought over to the TWA op cert for several months. .

T-Dude,

I don't recall any AA guys coming over to the TWA certificate. They did that for the FAs because all TW FAs were furloughed as of July 1,2003. They bid specifically for STL on the TW certificate. They had the CAFO program in effect during that whole mess due to furloughing all the FOs. Between all the CA displacements and the CAFOs, they were able to operate the certificate up until last summer. This is my recollection from an aging pickled brain.

Regards,

X

XTW said:
I don't recall any AA guys coming over to the TWA certificate.
Well then, from one aging mind to another, perhaps they talked about it but it never really happened. I was off the property by then and going by what I read on message boards.

XTW is right - they did not bring any "Native" pilots to the TWA certificate, only "native" FAs. The CAFO deal was created for this very reason. After August '04 everybody was on the "Dark Side". :eek:

Latest resources

Back