AWA to hire 80+ more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crzipilot,

What are you smokin? This is called reality. Am I correct in assuming that you are one of the AAA furloughs?

Maybe you can cite to me an example where some bankrupt airline was purchased, while furloughing pilots, and dictated the terms of labor integration to the purchasing airline??? Can you cite an example of two airlines being merged where the furloughs are included???

If I am not mistaken your MEC signed LOA 68...I don't know the numbering...that states furloughed pilots are not included in an aquisition. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

You seem to think that an arbitrator is going side with you. You most know something the rest of the industry doesn't

I have no problem offering you the first shot at any new jobs at the bottom of the newly combined list. I personally don't have a problem "recalling" you at the bottom of the new list (even though you won't actually have any recall rights). Right now your career expectation is to either not have a job or to be recalled at the bottom of a seniority list. Here, you will be recalled at the bottom of a seniority list. Nothing has changed.

To give the furloughs thier original longevity means this: For the next few years, as furloughs are recalled, I, along with most of the AWA pilots, will move backwards in seniority every month. This is unacceptable.

I already know what your argument is. You will say that, because of the retirements the are projected, you will move up the ranks and have better position down the road. If you are recalled at the bottom of the list you will not "move up" as much, right?

Well, if 200 pilots retire, and you sit in the 60 percentile of the list, you will move up 200 numbers, right? On the same token, if you sit at the bottom of the list, and 200 pilots retire, you will still move up 200, right?? Your going to advance either way. You just don't like the fact that I might be ahead of you on the list (even considering AWA is doing relatively well and AWA is aquiring US Airways).

The effective date of the integration of the two lists will be the day that they make the aquisition official, which has been advertised as sometime in September or October. That's how most, if not all, of the aquisition/merger list combinations have been determined. I may be wrong, of course, since I don't have the information right here in front of me.

Bottom line is this: Intergate the two active lists and recall or at least offer new positions to the AAA furloughs. We can work out fences, staffing, domicile issues as we go. To say this isn't fair is absolutely rediculous.

I've got the staple gun ready - let's just make it easy and tack AAA to the bottom. There, done deal................

Fly-n-hi said:
If I am not mistaken your MEC signed LOA 68...I don't know the numbering...that states furloughed pilots are not included in an aquisition. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

This is not true. It is a totally false rumor.

given all that - would you recommend trying to get a job at AWA?

I'd wait until the dust settles............or the funeral is over.

All:

We already spent considerable time talking about seniority/furloughed positions in another thread. The thread was one of the longest I've seen on this board and it basically ended with:

AWA Pilot: Furloughees recalled to bottom of list

AAA Furloughed Pilot: HAPPY WINDFALL

Starting this argument again will not change the above.

These threads make my heart rate monitor go crazy. Let's leave it to our merger committees and/or the arbitrator.

As for coming to AWA off the street during this mess - Not a good move. In my eyes your job should have been filled by an AAA furloughed pilot.

Andy,

thanks for the links, guess someone puts up some facts...and the likes of fly-n-hi are no where to be found......typical

Latest resources

Back