Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clearly the PAC was put in place to give the appearance of fairness with respect to the pilot group. Those guys have had their hands tied from day 1, and its a joke. They try and they try, but either get stonewalled or disregarded when push comes to shove. This firing of the crew is merely the latest example of that and there will be others to follow until pilot representation with some real teeth comes into being, in-house or otherwise.
Once again a knee jerk reaction and some major fire stomping have led to a reaction that mgmt didnt foresee, and promotion beyond capability rears its ugly head. F.O.'s are insulted & Captains will now have to shoulder even more then they already do; because of this too many are looking elsewhere. Given the companys growth, the lack of crews as is and the fact that experienced Piaggio pilots are made and not hired beforehand, this is not a good scenario.
This incident was handled poorly from the get-go, starting with the paranoid secrecy the day of the incident, right on through the policy change regarding who flys when/where and culminating with the firing of the crew before any final report was put out. The fact that the pilot group's reaction to all this has apparently surprised the higher ups says more than anything.
I like the company, the guys I fly with and the owners I take from A to B. Lately some owners have asked "whats goin on?" and diplomatic as i try to be, some clearly see the effects of too few crews and planes, late schedules, etc, and its not fair to them. This incident and the way its been handled will not help that. Maybe proper representation will.
Also, regarding mgmt types posing on this blog, i would like to say that i personally could care less. Its a free country, anyone can read & post anything on a public forum. But them trying to find out identities to punish someone for speaking his/her mind is pitiful, paranoid and small-minded. I'm tempted to post the Bill of Rights, highlighting Freedom of Speach in the hopes that they might just read that, too. I realize their jobs arent easy and that they have a lot of pressure on them too, but no industry secrets are being revealed here, just points of concern for crews who do what they do day in and day out. Dont like criticism? Too bad - might i suggest you take a look at the core issues driving these posts and God forbid learn from them and do something contructive instead of vengeful.
SS took one plane and an idea and made something of it, and for that alone I will always have respect for him. I wouldnt have a job quite frankly if he hadnt. But the company is a much different animal now, and theres a lot more to lose all the way around. It seems as though its high time those with experience and vision to continue this great experiment be brought in to take us to the next level, those who know how to professionally handle incidences like this, put policys in place to hopefully prevent future ones ... yes men with little high-profile professional experience and judgement need not apply.
Maybe then they will realize that making the pilots feel as though they have nowhere to turn when an incident arrises isnt the way to go, that this only fosters change-over and makes a situation worse. NetJets seems to be doing just fine with both sides equaled, no reason it cant work here too.

There's lots of guys I talk to waiting for those cards to put a big ole' CHECK on the YES box ..... Not much management can do to get out of this one ...

There's lots of guys I talk to waiting for those cards to put a big ole' CHECK on the YES box ..... Not much management can do to get out of this one ...

You don't have to wait for the card to come to you- make steps to obtain them and pass them out.

Not managment.. (not even Avantair)

Just somebody that has been there, done that and wants to protect my many friends there by reminding them to be careful what they ask for.

:smash:yeah, I'm sure NetJets' pilots really regret getting what they asked for :rolleyes:

Yeah, I regret it so much....especially when I'm looking at my new kitchen/dinning room and 2 car garage....with 2 new cars in it!!!!!

Thank you SU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey do82 i'm regretting clearcutting for the new foundation on my vacation home. Hey its vacationland isn't that whats it for. :)

Clear cutting just means you'll have to sight your rifle in for a further distance........

What am I saying......your rifle only has to reach out to where the beam from the spot light goes. I love deer hunting after dinner.

Clear cutting just means you'll have to sight your rifle in for a further distance........

What am I saying......your rifle only has to reach out to where the beam from the spot light goes. I love deer hunting after dinner.

Great comparison!

Clear cutting is comparable to the typical union scorched earth philosophy. The beam of light is just like a union contract. The light reaches out as far as the union contract. The spot goes to where the carrier either goes out of business or is forced into bankruptcy to protect itself from the contract, whichever comes first! In both scenarios, yours and mine.. something is either wounded or not alive at the end.

Very cool! I think you are finally understanding what I've been trying to say!

Latest resources

Back