Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B19-----

What the hell are you talking about???!!!???

I was talking about poaching deer. I think you're watching too much Star Trek or watching Al Gore's movie too many times.

B19-----

What the hell are you talking about???!!!???

I was talking about poaching deer. I think you're watching too much Star Trek or watching Al Gore's movie too many times.

There is no difference between poaching a deer and how a union negotiates a contract.

The only exception to this of course is that the deer has a chance to escape...

You know, in hunting, some people are dangerous to themselves and others with a gun.

In aviation management, some people are dangerous to themselves and others with their knowledge, or lack thereof.

I think in this situation, the management at Avantair certainly shot themselves in the foot on this one!

B19, you missed one very important point. Poaching deer is illegal, the way my Union negoitated our contract was LEGAL!!!! Rules set by the Federal Government were adhered to and followed. If my Union didn't follow the rules our management would have dragged us to court faster than you could say "Kool-Aid drinker".

Now contract negotiation and hunting are similiar in the respect that both require nerves of steel and you don't alway take the first one (deer or contract) that comes your way. If you know the area, you'll know where the big bucks are and if you don't you hire a guide to show you the way and you listen to that guide.

I am thankful I had several great guides holding my hand and walking me through the management jungle.

I'd be happy to take you out hunting anytime though....I have a nice pair of brown pants and a white handkerchief for you to use.

It sounds like all the FOs there need to seek employment elsewhere. And quick! It's funny how a company treats the employees that make that same company money. Get a union boys! and show'em!

Schindler's List

There is no difference between poaching a deer and how a union negotiates a contract.

You know the Slave labor the Nazi's used as portrayed in this movie ... worked in the Factories of a CARTEL that still exists today and manufactures products you consume everyday.

Families who owned Slaves in the US are among the monied few who ride round in the back of your jet.

It was a Union Army that freed the slaves.

Unions simply provide BALANCE between the powerful Cartels and the workers. This is good for economic freedom of the people.

"...There are those who balk at the fight. They place their confidence in management instead of their fellow workers.

Management feeds on this weakness by handing out PROMISES like candy and quickly renegging if the workers lose the election.

But Management MUST be held Accountable.

As Teamsters we fight for what's right for working families.

-- James P Hoffa --

You know the Slave labor the Nazi's used as portrayed in this movie ... worked in the Factories of a CARTEL that still exists today and manufactures products you consume everyday.

Families who owned Slaves in the US are among the monied few who ride round in the back of your jet.

It was a Union Army that freed the slaves.

Unions simply provide BALANCE between the powerful Cartels and the workers. This is good for economic freedom of the people.
"...There are those who balk at the fight. They place their confidence in management instead of their fellow workers.

Management feeds on this weakness by handing out PROMISES like candy and quickly renegging if the workers lose the election.

But Management MUST be held Accountable.

As Teamsters we fight for what's right for working families.

-- James P Hoffa --

Don't post much, but....
Huh?....

Don't post much, but....
Huh?....
19 is against unions. Comparing unions to deer poachers.

History shows that managements conspire to depress labor costs even to the point of using slave labor. From the German cartel IG Farben and plantation slavery in the US... to PFT and Training contracts for US pilots.

So I am comparing airline managements to Fascist cartels that used slave labor.

What the hell is going on here.....is this some kind of competition to see who can make the most smart, ambiguous or ridiculous comment!!!!????
If Avantair want to retain any respect from their pilots they should admit defeat with the union war. If they are the decent company they claim to be, they would want the best for the pilots, unfortunately they evidently don't. Don't you understand B-19....everyone is either pissed off or feels very insecure about their future at Avantair.
The problem is that as soon as the union instigator is discovered they will be terminated......Avantair has fired many who step out of line.
At the moment there is nowhere for pilots to turn when management make knee-jerk decisions. They have proved time and time again they cannot be trusted.
Although it seems Avantair are pretty consistent with their "It's ok, just do it this time" attitude, rest assured they will leave you in the sh*tter when something goes wrong.

Latest resources

Back