Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair thriving in this economic downturn...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just fine. In fact, the exhaust is why we don't have to have a system to heat them. They stay nice and toasty warm.

I was gonna ask one of you guys about that. Got to thinking about it the other day when we were taxing behind a Piaggio... Thanks for answering that one for me. I thought it wouldn't need heated props with the exhaust blowing directly on them.

I was gonna ask one of you guys about that. Got to thinking about it the other day when we were taxing behind a Piaggio... Thanks for answering that one for me. I thought it wouldn't need heated props with the exhaust blowing directly on them.
True, but they must be made of a material unique to Avanti props, as most are not designed to be blasted with hot corrosive exhaust 100% of the time.

Also, I remember in the early years of the Avanti, they had to be flown back to the factory for a major inspection periodically (almost like the Robinson helicopters which were put back on the assembly line and rebuilt at airframe overhaul time). Are they still doing that?

It's a slick looking airplane. One of the few I'd buy for myself if I could afford one.

We don't fly them back to Italy for inspections. We schedule them for D checks like any other aircraft. As far as the exhaust on the props. I don't think it's a problem. There is, I believe, a heavy paint on the props for this reason to protect the metal. There are limitations in the POH about static runup time limits for this reason but it mostly applies to Mx guys doing static runups. It isn't a factor on the line.

One nice benefit of heating props with exhaust is that the prop is always warm so ice never forms so ice is never thrown off causing little "bangs" on the fuselage. You'll notice we do not have any reinforcing on the fuselage on the plane line of the props like most other prop planes that are certified for ice.

No special checks just the normal A, B, C and D checks. They occur every 150 hours and it depends on the time on the aircraft which one is performed. As far as I know the material is no different but they are painted with an anti corressive coating.

In terms of anti ice there is no better. its not even a thought when you get into icing conditions. nothing builds on the airplane it is unreal

You'll notice we do not have any reinforcing on the fuselage on the plane line of the props like most other prop planes that are certified for ice.

thats cool.....i remember the king air i used to fly like 100 years ago....every few minutes "BANG"...the pax would come up and ask if everything was ok.

I am an owner at Avantair and feel compelled to post after reading the posts by netjet owner. Our Company was an owner at Netjets for just over three years they provided excellent service and did a great job of servicing my company and family. I sold my share and took a massive loss to join Avantair after speaking to many very happy Owners. My experience has been far better than expected. The service is equal if not better. I think because they are smaller it is a little more personal. The aircraft is incredible. A much larger cabin size than the 400 in fact pretty close to the 800 and XLS. I primarilly fly from Teterboro or Caldwell to Palm Beach, Florida. I have not noticed any significant difference in terms of time on that flight. Maybe 10 minutes or so. The savings though is large. I am saving about 50% on all of my flights. I believe the fact that the Piaggio is so efficient is the reason for the savings. I find the pilots to be excellent. They love working there. The service is great so I am unsure of what in particular NetJet Owner is talking about on that. I to took a hard look before purchasing I even spoke directly to Avantair's CEO. I took a close look at their financials and concluded that they are in great position to capitalize on the market for a long time. Plus, I believe in improving financials when I look at a company. That is what you see when you look at Avantair. It is clear the worst is behind them and they are on their way to great success. I couldn't be happier. Thank you Avantair for what you do I am so impressed. I also want to say the Pilots are great and my wife and kids love it. I am just about to add an axis membership so that about says it all.

No special checks just the normal A, B, C and D checks. They occur every 150 hours and it depends on the time on the aircraft which one is performed.

With 150hr inspection intervals, how often are the planes in the shop with your normal ops tempo? That's not a long period at all...

I think I seen we're getting about 10 planes this year ('09).

That's quite a bit off the mark but it's nice that planes ARE being delivered.

Latest resources

Back