Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair thriving in this economic downturn...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd think that's GOTTA be a "jet card" type rate, and not a regular quarter-share type charge.

What's NJA charge for a 25hr Marquis Card on an XLS?

WAY more than $2800. Based on the popularity of the Piaggio I'd say it's competivaly priced. That's why we're still taking deliveries and gearing up for a new hire class.

Do you guys really not know what your planes go for on a perhour basis? That seems like pretty basic company information that you don't seem to know.

yeah, but it's worth it....wink

Touche' Broke. I think it is safe to say we ALL give a high level of service to our customers. People are really beginning to realize the cost effectiveness of the P180 relative to other aircraft in it's price point (Light jet category)

I'd think that's GOTTA be a "jet card" type rate, and not a regular quarter-share type charge.

$8,200/hour, marquis XLS.

WAY more than $2800. Based on the popularity of the Piaggio I'd say it's competivaly priced. That's why we're still taking deliveries and gearing up for a new hire class.

Do you guys really not know what your planes go for on a perhour basis? That seems like pretty basic company information that you don't seem to know.

Actually Glass I don't. Because I'm too busy flying. I'm glad you are guys are doing well, but I will never see a Avantair Piaggio on the ramp in Maui, or PANC or deep into Mexico or South America. These are all places I have been with NJA in the last couple months, haven't seen a single one of your planes down or over there or up there. Bottom line is you are limited and always will be, by the type of airplane you fly.

Just saying...

Last edited:
Avantair

Since JonJuan and I rarely agree on numbers, I do not know who he would buy his Marquis card from but he could get a better deal directly from the company.

On the Marquis side of the business, I believe the XLS is more like $6760 per hour + fuel adjustment.

You can be in the XLS/Excel fleet at NJA for about $4100 hour + fuel adjustment, + depreciation (but if you but a pre-owned share at today's rate depreciation would not add up to much), plus cost of funds of about $400/hr. So that is about $4500/hr + fuel adjustment.

There are many advantages to being in the NJA fleet (like upgrading) which are not possible at Avantair. Also, the Piaggio is competitive for short flights, but not longer ones.

I am sure JonJuan will argue, but what does YOUR monthly statements say JJ???? I am not picking a fight, but JJ is not too accurate when it comes to facts.

I think Avantair has its place, I hope they stay around a while, improve service, etc. And I may be a Piaggio share owner one day. I have looked at them very closely and hope they succeed. They fill a big niche I need, but I am not yet comfortable with them. Maybe I am too conservative. I measure most things I do by a cost/benefit analysis (maybe it is my microeconomics degree), but when it comes to putting my family or collegaues on a plane that curve shifts dramitcally in favor of benefit, not cost. This is not to be interpreted as a "dis", but as an uncertainty in the analysis. And for these missions, I try to eliminate or minimize as many incertainties as possible.

Good luck Avantair -- you have come a long way from Fairfield!

Fly safe.

Latest resources

Back