Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair thriving in this economic downturn...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't concerned as much with the lack of crew meals for the pilots as I was concerned with being asked to continue flying PAX for 3 days with engine oil pressure in the yellow arc (notice blurry cellphone picture on the left clearly showing low oil pressure on #1 engine)....or being asked to continue flying PAX after a bird strike on the engine inlet without any maintenance inspection, or being asked to continue flying PAX with an engine that starts while the condition lever is in the CUTOFF position. I'd post the pictures/video if I knew how. Heck.....maybe a savings of 50% is a good thing to some passengers......

Fly safe!

Last edited:
BTDT, I see that you are still bitter and, frankly, still without grace. Clearly you are not at peace. Now I begin to wonder about your integrity. Good luck with all of that. By the way, isn't this the wrong forum for you? Try the C152 instructor's forum.

Wacoflyr, enjoying the safe flying life at Avantair.

I swear to God,

Kyle, this is so unfair of you. You didn't upgrade and now you're pissed. You leave and then do all in your power to wreck the place that you feel owed you an upgrade. The fact is that if you had upgraded you would still be here.

Nice picture of the oil guage there. Notice how it's analog? What are we to see there? It looks like it's on the boarder of yellow and green and actually looks like its more towards green. If you didn't think it was safe maybe you should have told your Captain as much. I would think a normal Captain would look at it and see it's clearly GREEN and not have a problem.

Bird strike on the engine inlet? Ummm what can I say? I have never EVER EVER been asked to go with a bird strike without Mx looking at it. You say you have so I guess it's a stalemate. However I call BS as you obviously have an axe to grind.

Engine starting in cutoff? Ya sure it wasn't in feather? I wasn't there, but again if what you spew were true then it would be a no go. No one would disagree.

You are a whiny little troll who should just be thankful you got hired here. You had ZERO experience when you interviewed and the only reason you were accepted was cause you had a flight school. Certain persons took pity on you and thought they could over turn your obvious bad attitude in the interview. That person is obviously regretfull of his decision then.

When you attack Avantair you make yourself look little. Again, you'd still be here if only you had upgraded like you think you deserve. You do not deserve to be a Captain based on your obvious lack of experience (thinking the guage in your avatar is grounding) and your pathetic attitude. Many people have asked you to move on with your life, but it's clear that you are not going to do that.

So, make a few more screen names and settle in. I guess you're a parasite we're going to have to live with. Great, Avantair has herpes. How's if feel to be the sore on my junk?

Last edited:
BTDI was NOT fired. That's the point. He quit because the poor guy couldn't upgrade at the year mark like he wanted. Never mind the thousands of guys on the street...he was employed and wanted Captain...and he wanted it NOW!!!! (stamping feet sound)

The reason he was hired with zero experience was because he owned a flight school and certain people on the hiring committee thought that showed an entrapeneural spirt that would overcome what the rest of the interview committee saw as a severe "attitude". If it wasn't for the flight school he never would have been hired. I've said WAY more than I wanted to but this guy seriously ticks me off. My 6 year old is selfish, but not one tenth as much as BTDI.

By the by...nice avatar.

Last edited:
Just waiting for the union stuff to start here we go. Avantair is a great place to work just ask the 100 or so NetJets pilots who have sent in Resumes. This disgrutled former pilot shows up in every avantair thread despite the fact he left months ago. I feel bad for him that he hasn't gotten over it. Thanks Avantairowner I pretty much hear what you said on a daily basis from all of our new owners. New owners I guess we have cornered the market on that.

Boy, stupid of me to turn on my computer on day 5 of my 3 weeks off...
but

It was nice to read a thread about my job, that stayed focused, and has some interesting opinions back and forth.

I'll repeat for the record my happiness with my experiences here at Avantair, my pride that our training dept, (that I'm part of) has grown at a good pace with our company, and pride that our pilot group has a wide, diverse range of experiences. Many ex-military guys, former 121-heavy guys and corporate-135 guys have rounded out our pool. Many have contributed valuable insight into our current SOP's.

As for my QOL, I'm on my second vacation of the year, spent the last 4 days on the lake (16 to go), just paid my first tuition payment for my kid's college bill for the upcoming year (sophomore yr, paid last year off already), and all my bills are paid. I feel pretty lucky right now. I'm confident that our "Niche-market" service has become a recognized value, and will continue to shine as the economy improves.

As for Mr BTDI, Glass has it nailed. (stamping feet sound!!! again)

glass:.09;)

Avantairowner -- I am glad you are happy. Like I have said, I do have a need for this type of aircraft, but for me (in my opinion), the company is not where I woudl like it to be to put my family on it. We all have different risk levels. I also refuse to fly on any NJA selloffs and remain in fleet. Yes -- maybe I am too conservative on this issue. I have many friends who own their own jets and decline invitations to fly with them unless I am satisfied (in my opinion) with the safety level of their operation. I take many, any venture risks with investments (and have avery high risk tolerance) but there I am only risking $$. Also, in my opinion, flying risk has a negative outcome of a high magnitude -- i.e., the risk is not linear. If I take on a little more risk the outcome is not that I lose only a hand. It is an all or nothing proposition. That being said, at this point in time and in my opinion, I am not ready to fly Avantair. I hope someday Avantair gets to the place where I am comfortable, and I would siogn up for atleast a 75 hrs share in an hour.
That is high praise! I'm thrilled to hear our owners have that kind of opinion of us (NetJets). We work hard to earn that kind of respect! Thank you!!!:D

Fischman, this particular thread was not actually about netjets. I know that is difficult for you to understand....

Latest resources

Back