Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair thriving in this economic downturn...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm no math wizard, but...

nevermind.

yes i see that i meant to type that the TOTAL will be 10 planes.

and it's 10 JETS....that lack heated props though.....:)

lol

Props are for boats. :p

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Avantair

Avantairowner -- I am glad you are happy. Like I have said, I do have a need for this type of aircraft, but for me (in my opinion), the company is not where I woudl like it to be to put my family on it. We all have different risk levels. I also refuse to fly on any NJA selloffs and remain in fleet. Yes -- maybe I am too conservative on this issue. I have many friends who own their own jets and decline invitations to fly with them unless I am satisfied (in my opinion) with the safety level of their operation. I take many, any venture risks with investments (and have avery high risk tolerance) but there I am only risking $$. Also, in my opinion, flying risk has a negative outcome of a high magnitude -- i.e., the risk is not linear. If I take on a little more risk the outcome is not that I lose only a hand. It is an all or nothing proposition. That being said, at this point in time and in my opinion, I am not ready to fly Avantair. I hope someday Avantair gets to the place where I am comfortable, and I would siogn up for atleast a 75 hrs share in an hour.

Netjetowner I find Avantair to be extremely safe. They train to the same standards and the Pilots are excellent. You may feel more comfortable with the safety at NetJets but I don't feel I am missing anything in terms of safety. The aircraft itself has an incredible safety record. I only speak as a satisfied customer who in all fairness has belonged to both programs. You have not. I can tell you I bought after many of my friends and business associates kept telling me how great it was. They also formally owned at another fractional. I think you are being unfair commenting on Avantair when you have no experience with the company.

Avantairowner -- I said many times in my post, "in my opinion". I probably spent 40-50 hours of due diligence regrading Avantair prior to making my decision (and reading posts on flightinfo.com does not constitute "due diligence"!!).

Fly safe.

Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinion. It is always tough to switch when you are comfortable with what you have. That was my issue too. I couldn't be more comfortable now. It was hard not to consider it when you consider the cost. I speak as an owner now having flown almost 30 hours. Safety being number one and cost and comfort number two. It has been a terrific decision. I am not trying to sway you I am just giving my experience from my point of view. You can do all the diligence you want but being a user of the service is the best source that I know of. Now I find it hard to justify what I was paying for the same service not long ago. I think if you are a coast to coast or international flyer you can't touch Netjets but for domestic flights in the 1200 mile range or less Avantair has it. I am just about to head up to NY feeling truly lucky to be ably to travel privately.

You fly safe as well.

After seeing a piagio captain for the prop fractional get pretty flustered because the company wouldn't get him his crewfood in Martha's Vineyard, I'm just not sure I would feel too safe flying with a hungry pilot.

I'm sure that captain was more civil as he was dropping the pax off, but I don't think his mind would've been 100% on flying without eating a proper meal, I sincerely hope they got that problem fixed.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back