Avantair Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

surveypilot

Does anyone have any info on the hiring plans at Avantair? I know the application window closed a couple of weeks ago. How many are they planning on hiring and when should interviews start?

Thanks

I believe you have to have successfully landed in the Hudson, have at least 5 shuttle flight missions of which 2 must have been Mission Commander or save the CEO from certain death in order to be competitive.

I believe you have to have successfully landed in the Hudson, have at least 5 shuttle flight missions of which 2 must have been Mission Commander or save the CEO from certain death in order to be competitive.

I was afraid that was the case. I can't imagine how many resumes Avantair received in that 2 week window.

No, that was United back in the day....

And you forgot the lunar landing

I haven't heard anything official from management about numbers and time frames, but this is the general information that I've heard from the pilot group so don't take it as gospel.

They are looking at internal recommendations first. I've heard there were about 80 internal recommendations for 4 to 8 slots initially so the chances of getting in without a recommendation are pretty slim right now. Also, there were a handful of pilots who have been in a pool for a long time and they are going to have the first shot at those slots. Depending on who I talk to and when, it looks like somewhere between 25 and 40 new hires in 2010 depending on how many deliveries we take.

Thanks Dilligaf. That is the type of info that I was looking for

They are looking at internal recommendations first. I've heard there were about 80 internal recommendations for 4 to 8 slots initially so the chances of getting in without a recommendation are pretty slim right now. Also, there were a handful of pilots who have been in a pool for a long time and they are going to have the first shot at those slots. Depending on who I talk to and when, it looks like somewhere between 25 and 40 new hires in 2010 depending on how many deliveries we take.

No offense guys, but when things get THAT competitive for 35k a year, we should ALL be embarrassed!

for you two ding dongs I thought of a better post below:

Last edited:
No offense guys, but when things get THAT competitive for 35k a year, we should ALL be embarrassed!

If we paid 60K a year to start and then furloughed you after a year would that make you feel better?

NJA is putting pilots on the street. That is a fact. Avantair is hiring, that too is a fact. Why would you slam a company that is obviously doing better than yours?

You are the one who should be embarrassed. NJA kicks someone to the curb and you have the audacity to make snarkey comments about possible future employment for your fellow NJA brothers? How about you wish them well and hope they get whatever job they apply for? Too much for ya?

Latest resources

Back