Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish the Avantair pilots had chosen to unionize because its always good to have an experienced representative in your corner, no matter what happens. I've spent - probably to much time on here - trying to cajole them.
Question is, does it benefit us collectively as pilots for a company who cuts corners, thereby undercutting competitors, to remain in business. Those cost savings don't simply materialize out of thin air, someone in management must decide to make that happen. Put this alongside the inherent pressures that come from running a public company and you have a classic mismanagement disaster.

Agree, should have had the union in place for just such an occasion. I have been with 2 low cost operators and saw the trend.

No, low cost operators do not benefit pilots as a whole, but I wouldn't heap too much blame on the pilots. See that little swirly symbol on the top right side of your pilot certificate? Mine has one too. It says that I am authorized to operate specific aircraft the way that THEY want them operated, not how some guy thinks he can "do it for less". Yes, there is a point at which the pilot's skill and experience is not fairly compensated and hotly debated here-- that's why I am avoiding the regionals and looking for something similar to my skill set.

BTW anybody need a corporate pilot out of APA/DEN area? ;)

Possibly one of the stupidest posts I have ever read. You are assuming that the FAA knows nothing about any of this and it is a big secret. WRONG. Think for two seconds.

Obviously they know about it einstein, but it doesnt do anyone any good to fill in the blanks!

Obviously they know about it einstein, but it doesnt do anyone any good to fill in the blanks!

Thats Subjective, It sets a great example of how not to run a operation. I've worked for low rent 135 freight operators that didn't pull anything even close to your beloved operation. You're part of the problem pal! Every part of the operation should be transparent!

Over my last 15 years, 6 airline/fractional/135 companies, 8000hrs of mostly Turbine/Jet experience.. I have yet to experience any one of these. Let alone an emergency for that matter... I'm thinking that it is a blessing you are no longer at Avant... Sounds almost like an emergency was a common occurence at that company!!:eek:

Amazing the difference between companies that don't cut corners and those that do!!! Sorry for the guys who may lose their jobs, it will get better eventually, trust me I know from experience. But when a companies selling point is offering 40% cheaper service, that money has to come from somewhere, and it ain't the fuel savings .....

Before Avantair I was flying freight single pilot in Cessna 210's at Flight Express. Followed by flying Cessna 310RRRRrrrrs at a small charter/freight FAR 135 operator for a total of 2 1/2 years at both places and experienced far less MX issues! Kind weird that I have 2500 hours in piston aircraft with no engine failures. Then I fly 3000+ hours in Avantair P180's and have 2 in the advertised super reliable PT6! Whatever doesn't kill you makes you strongerrrrr!

Last edited:
Did somebody metion that pilot??? shoot I'm still looking for my Atlantic Bucks...Captains privledge?????

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back