Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have to give this one a lot of thought before hitting the 'submit' button. But here goes...

I wish the Avantair pilots had chosen to unionize because its always good to have an experienced representative in your corner, no matter what happens. I've spent - probably to much time on here - trying to cajole them.

I spoke to one of our sales guys a few months ago who told me, 'Avantair is killing us in the middle of the country, because they are undercutting us on price.' He said he thought Avantair was making deals under cost just to get the frac contracts, busting their own bank.

So here we are. Avantair was in the weeds before this event and very vulnerable. Now this happens and the pilots pay.

Question is, does it benefit us collectively as pilots for a company who cuts corners, thereby undercutting competitors, to remain in business. Those cost savings don't simply materialize out of thin air, someone in management must decide to make that happen. Put this alongside the inherent pressures that come from running a public company and you have a classic mismanagement disaster.

I have positive thoughts for the affected. We are all just a moment away from something like this. Having said that. It can’t be emphasized enough how pay cuts; give backs, and looking the other way. Did not prevent one single furlough. Never has, and never will.

It's a very awkward situation...a 'furlough with a hopefully short duration'.

That puts the furloughed pilots in a difficult situation where we can't really say anything or defend the company. We all want all these posts to go away and bad press to stop as we are motivated by the desire for our company to come out of this intact. Engaging with former employees who do have their axes out and are grinding away only puts the thread right back and the top of the stack and therefore is counterproductive.

So we're in a situation where the ex-employees are coming out swinging and swinging hard while the furloughed employees are standing here with our hands tied behind our backs.

Hey Glass,

I've disagreed with you a time or three, but I'm with you on this one. Hang tough!

Nice post you idiot! If they had any hope with the FAA you just screwed it. Way to help your brothers!

Possibly one of the stupidest posts I have ever read. You are assuming that the FAA knows nothing about any of this and it is a big secret. WRONG. Think for two seconds.

Glass, should have stayed with Comair, as the result would have been the same: No job!

Yet, you would have walked away with money in your pocket, about $31,000 of a severance packages, and not the worthless AAIR stock options.

Plus your FAA record would have also remained lighter ...

Glass, should have stayed with Comair, as the result would have been the same: No job!

Yet, you would have walked away with money in your pocket, about $31,000 of a severance packages, and not the worthless AAIR stock options.

Plus your FAA record would have also remained lighter ...

I think Gl-asspilot worked here before Avantair...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Air

All valid points! It was good flying with you MJPilot!

Last edited:
Valid point. I think I'm done posting here for a while. Even though I want to stick up for our Company, posting and keeping these threads at the top of the page doesn't help our situation.

Have at it, folks. I'm out...

good decision

Avantair guys, do your selves a favor, stop posting on this thread. You're not doing your struggling company any favors by keeping this thread alive.

Good thing your owners don't know about flightinfo..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back