Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hope all goes well for you guys working for avantair! Don't want to see anyone get furloughed.

That being said ........ the king airs would not have had these types of issues

Don't put your head in the sand, but also don't be unrealistic either. The sales crews at the other fracs have been having a field day with this. To a prospective buyer, it does not matter whether this issue with the elevators is real, imagined, trivial or extremely minor. Fractional companies sell the perception of being safer (we do not need to argue facts here -- facts are irrelevant for this argument). If one company is perceived as having maintenance issues or pilot issues, that can be a huge issue in gaining new business and retaining owners. The facts are irrelevant - there will not be a judge and jury sitting to weigh the facts and the relative credibility of all witnesses. It is the perception in the minds of prospective owners which will rule. I wish you all the best -- but this is beyond the control of the pilots.

Don't put your head in the sand, but also don't be unrealistic either. The sales crews at the other fracs have been having a field day with this. To a prospective buyer, it does not matter whether this issue with the elevators is real, imagined, trivial or extremely minor. Fractional companies sell the perception of being safer (we do not need to argue facts here -- facts are irrelevant for this argument). If one company is perceived as having maintenance issues or pilot issues, that can be a huge issue in gaining new business and retaining owners. The facts are irrelevant - there will not be a judge and jury sitting to weigh the facts and the relative credibility of all witnesses. It is the perception in the minds of prospective owners which will rule. I wish you all the best -- but this is beyond the control of the pilots.

Exactly!! :beer:

Don't worry, without a pesky union their company will easily be able to navigate this rough patch.

Flight-Propaganda

The name of this forum is FlightINFOrmation like as in facts in the aviation industry not FlightPropaganda! A prospective buyer needs only to google search to get the medias version of the facts, like "Avantair Crash" the first crash in the companies 8 year history...
http://www.flyingmag.com/news/minor-injuries-avantair-avanti-crash
Look even something on YouTube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs_ZpvdB5sY

We do live in the Information Age! This thread was started in concern with the elevator issue on this particular aircraft & the facts relating to the issue at this particular company. I believe that to be more relative before this says, "Piaggio Avanti Crashes Missing Elevator" and people end up getting killed...
http://www.flyingmag.com/news/piaggio-avanti-flies-missing-elevator

Last edited:
Sometimes when a company goes under or a furlough happens its a blessing in disguise.When we were furloughed from NJA it seemed like a pretty bad deal. It turned out for me and many I know to be the best thing to happen to us. I got the best job of my life making twice as much, two other friends got hired at fedex,and many others found jobs much better than nja. .
Amen, I ended up at a Legacy flying widebody international. At year 2 will surpass what I would have made year 8 at NJA. By year 5 here I'll be at roughly 7/7 Captain pay at NJA... All the while having a biddable, tradeable schedule...

first off, no one said anything about avantair going under or, anything about layoffs. Second, stop kidding yourself with "it was a blessing in disguise". just because you're making more doesn't mean it's a better job. The job at Net is the best in the business. Get your head out of your keyster! furthermore,Those boys at Fedup look like their lives have been cut by 25% from all of the flying abuse!
While a great consolation prize vs. a Legacy. NJA is no longer the end all be all. Especially for those stuck as an 7 year SIC on the 7/7 for about $85K a year... With no hope of upgrade in sight. And when they do upgrade (hopefully in 2020) it'll be to a Phenom 300..Whoopti freakin doo:beer: Out of the roughly 26 years in business, Netjets was the place to be for maybe 2 years.... 2007-late 2008.. All in all it was a very short lived party over there....

Ask the guys at Netjets if they think theirs is the best job in the industry still. Also, it's not just the money that makes it a better job, I'm not gone 7 days in a row, that now seems rough as far as schedules go. Avantair very well may not go under, but if it does you might be surprised to find out that there are better gigs out there for you that you might not have otherwise found.
My friends at FedEx, senior or not, love the job. Is it perfect? No, but i have a friend based la in the md11 that flies an asia trip a month and does pretty well financially. I would not call that abuse.
Good luck
Resigned from NJA, and besides keeping up on the industry, have not looked back. I come here to re-affirm my belief that resigning the furlough seniority # was a good move....

If a pilot is looking for the perks like airline points and free food, NJA was great.... I used to buy X-mas presents off points alone.. But in the end, the earnings and career expectations are vastly inferior. Of course I can say that now, but with the short experience I have at a Legacy I can say it really is better on this side of the airport.

You must be new here...

Ha-Ha, It like some people think the fate of their operation depends on what is written on here & not how the place is run... Would you rather lose your job or your life is the real question regarding the facts around this whole elevator issue? Glad I am not climbing into a P180 anymore...

Latest resources

Back