Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand you reacting this way.. I'd probably react the same way if I was in your situtation

You're a brave man for coming to this site when things are shaky at Avantair... I stay away everytime the furlough rumors start at netjets, and I've got some wiggle room below me

anyway good luck

Thanks for the kind words...

I'm not calling anyone names. I'm genuinely worried that the best job that I've ever had might be crumbling down around me. I'm not in any sort of Management position, so I'm essentially powerless to change the course of events. Observe and hope for the best.

So, I guess I'll continue to contribute my solid 100% and continue hoping for the best. Guess I'm done with this thread for the time being. We're going to keep fighting the good fight and see what happens. FWIW, the Avantair crew is the finest that I've worked with. I'm sure we'll figure things out.

Trust me, I know what you are going thru! I've lost 4 jobs in the past 8 years, and ones that I thought I was gonna be at for a long time. Can never take any job for granted in this industry as things do change overnight.
PS- the name calling I got from your original post "Why don't you fvcking azzholes give it a break", but that is besides the point. Wish you, and every Avantair employee the best.

Look I've been there and back. Furloughed four times in my career. So I know exactly how u feel. The thing is , just look at the financials. The company has never made any money! You can hope and work your ass off but the model there ain't workin. Ultimately they will go out of business, so get ur resume out there now! Wish u all the luck! You will need it!

PS- the name calling I got from your original post "Why don't you fvcking azzholes give it a break", but that is besides the point. Wish you, and every Avantair employee the best.

Yeah. As usual, now that I've had a minute to cool off, I feel like crap for using that kind of verbage. Thanks for the good wishes...

Yeah. As usual, now that I've had a minute to cool off, I feel like crap for using that kind of verbage. Thanks for the good wishes...

We are all hoping for the best for you guys. Your situation brings back a LOT of bad memories for me...

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you fvcking azzholes give it a break. Avantair is my employer of choice. It's keeping my family fed, a roof over our heads, and it's how I earn money to pay my bills.

Your smarmy comments are doing absolutely nothing to help the situation over here. Please use a little discretion.

It might seem funny to you, but we're fighting for our professional lives right now.

Karma's a b1tch guys.

I'm over at NJ, and I like Avantair, we don't directly compete with each other and the P180 is a sweet plane. I don't have to argue the point that a P180 is probably better than most small cabin jets.

I think it's great that Avantair grounded their fleet for inspection on their own accord. It's better to be safe and do the right thing than hide an issue and lose a plane or get bad press from a FAA fine. It shows integrity.

Believe it or not, us fractionals need to stay together. Fractionals seem to be in a bit of a recession while charter is expanding rapidly. We need competition and our companies need to be successful. If our customers keep getting burned, they may not want to buy a share. If things really begin to fall apart, an Avantair owner may not want to buy a share at NJ for a larger cabin, nor would a NJ owner buy an Avantair share for supplemental lift.

We need to stop hoping each others company will die. We are not the airlines.

I'm over at NJ, and I like Avantair, we don't directly compete with each other and the P180 is a sweet plane. I don't have to argue the point that a P180 is probably better than most small cabin jets.

I think it's great that Avantair grounded their fleet for inspection on their own accord. It's better to be safe and do the right thing than hide an issue and lose a plane or get bad press from a FAA fine. It shows integrity.

Believe it or not, us fractionals need to stay together. Fractionals seem to be in a bit of a recession while charter is expanding rapidly. We need competition and our companies need to be successful. If our customers keep getting burned, they may not want to buy a share. If things really begin to fall apart, an Avantair owner may not want to buy a share at NJ for a larger cabin, nor would a NJ owner buy an Avantair share for supplemental lift.

Fwiw, a good percentage of current aair owners came from NJA. Very few went the other way. if you don't think they compete directly and call on every naj owner and offer special "conversion deals", you are high.

Good luck to all fellow pilots. Just browsing through here.
However I have a question. Why many posts are been deleted, and only few people's posts are left? How do you guys manage to delete any critical posts?

Believe it or not, us fractionals need to stay together. Fractionals seem to be in a bit of a recession while charter is expanding rapidly. We need competition and our companies need to be successful.

Six years ago, when I made the switch to Fractional flying, one of the first things that I noticed was a cooperative spirit that was absent at the airlines. Two memories stick out in my mind as examples-

We were picking up an Avantair Owner from the Netjets facility in CMH. While waiting, I asked the girl at the desk if I could borrow a little spot cleaner to take care of a couple of blemishes on our carpet. She said that she'd send out the "detailing cart". I remember thinking "holy crap, they've got a detailing cart!" By the time I got out to the plane, the two guys on the detailing cart had already taken care of our carpet and asked me what else they could do for me. When I went back inside to pay, the desk-girl said "there's no charge. Your Owner is a guest of our Owner, which makes you our guest. We don't charge guests!" WOW...

Another time, we were a "bit" behind schedule. While quick-turning, I hurried into the FBO and asked for a handy-vac. The girl said that their vaccum was broken. Sorry. There was an XOJet Captain standing next to me. He asked if we had a/c outlets in the Piaggio. I said sure. He said he'd bring over the vaccuum from his Citation X. (I remember thinking wow, they've got their own vaccuums!) He brought it over and proceeded to vaccuum the inside of our Piaggio! WOW...

Stuff like this is what has endeared the Fractional industry to me. The cut throat, hope-my-competitor-goes-out-of-business-tomorrow attitude of the airlines has no place on our side of the fence.

I've said all along that there are plenty of rich folks to go around. I wish success for all of us. The mission that our Piaggio serves is pretty unique. I'm pretty sure that we haven't stepped on TOO many toes along the way. Thanks to everyone that has offered good wishes on us. We're a long way from going under... (I hope I hope I hope!)

Latest resources

Back