Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you fvcking azzholes give it a break. Avantair is my employer of choice. It's keeping my family fed, a roof over our heads, and it's how I earn money to pay my bills.

Your smarmy comments are doing absolutely nothing to help the situation over here. Please use a little discretion.

It might seem funny to you, but we're fighting for our professional lives right now.

Karma's a b1tch guys.

I don't see one reply about people making light of the situation over there. Relax! Coming on here and calling people names for no reason is certainly not going to help keep them quite, actually, it will have the opposite effect.

I don't see one reply about people making light of the situation over there. Relax! Coming on here and calling people names for no reason is certainly not going to help keep them quite, actually, it will have the opposite effect.

I'm not calling anyone names. I'm genuinely worried that the best job that I've ever had might be crumbling down around me. I'm not in any sort of Management position, so I'm essentially powerless to change the course of events. Observe and hope for the best.

So, I guess I'll continue to contribute my solid 100% and continue hoping for the best. Guess I'm done with this thread for the time being. We're going to keep fighting the good fight and see what happens. FWIW, the Avantair crew is the finest that I've worked with. I'm sure we'll figure things out.

Airworthiness Directive

We weren't forced to ground the fleet. Voluntary grounding to perform non-required inspections. Proactive, in the interest of enhanced safety.

We're making sure that the fleet is fit in advance of the pending peak-periods.

A case of the old "pay me now, or pay me later", if you're a fan of old Midas Muffler commercials...

Is this Airworthiness Directive the voluntary inspection you speak of?

https://www.federalregister.gov/art...-industries-spa-model-piaggio-p-180-airplanes

I'm not calling anyone names. I'm genuinely worried that the best job that I've ever had might be crumbling down around me.

So you have the same fear as every other pilot in the fractional industry. sounds about the same as every other company, so don't take it so personal.

So you have the same fear as every other pilot in the fractional industry. sounds about the same as every other company, so don't take it so personal.

Ok, this really IS the last post for this evening... I' m not taking it personally. I was hoping (and still AM hoping) that Avantair is the last stop on my Professional journey.

So, I'm a bit sensitive to critical thinking as applied to my Company of choice. I'm still hoping to retire from Avantair. However, I'm not in any sort of position to have any input as to which direction our Company heads in. Watching the ship sail into the vortex...

Frustrating, VERY frustrating. I'm done for tonight...

Here's hoping all goes well! Don't know anything else, but wishing you the best!

Thank you for the thoughts. Means a lot to many...seriously.

Last edited:
"Karma's a b1tch guys."

"Here's hoping all goes well! Don't know anything else, but wishing you the best!"

Agree with the second quote. As for the first, just remember

Karma is only a b1tch if you are.

Helm

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you fvcking azzholes give it a break. Avantair is my employer of choice. It's keeping my family fed, a roof over our heads, and it's how I earn money to pay my bills.

Your smarmy comments are doing absolutely nothing to help the situation over here. Please use a little discretion.

It might seem funny to you, but we're fighting for our professional lives right now.

Karma's a b1tch guys.

I understand you reacting this way.. I'd probably react the same way if I was in your situtation

You're a brave man for coming to this site when things are shaky at Avantair... I stay away everytime the furlough rumors start at netjets, and I've got some wiggle room below me

anyway good luck

Latest resources

Back