Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sometimes when a company goes under or a furlough happens its a blessing in disguise.When we were furloughed from NJA it seemed like a pretty bad deal. It turned out for me and many I know to be the best thing to happen to us. I got the best job of my life making twice as much, two other friends got hired at fedex,and many others found jobs much better than nja. The point is, don't feel that losing a job is the end all, there are quite a few good gigs out there that you might be surprised to find are much better ( and more lucrative).

Sometimes when a company goes under or a furlough happens its a blessing in disguise.When we were furloughed from NJA it seemed like a pretty bad deal. It turned out for me and many I know to be the best thing to happen to us. I got the best job of my life making twice as much, two other friends got hired at fedex,and many others found jobs much better than nja. The point is, don't feel that losing a job is the end all, there are quite a few good gigs out there that you might be surprised to find are much better ( and more lucrative).

first off, no one said anything about avantair going under or, anything about layoffs. Second, stop kidding yourself with "it was a blessing in disguise". just because you're making more doesn't mean it's a better job. The job at Net is the best in the business. Get your head out of your keyster! furthermore,Those boys at Fedup look like their lives have been cut by 25% from all of the flying abuse!

first off, no one said anything about avantair going under or, anything about layoffs. Second, stop kidding yourself with "it was a blessing in disguise". just because you're making more doesn't mean it's a better job. The job at Net is the best in the business. Get your head out of your keyster! furthermore,Those boys at Fedup look like their lives have been cut by 25% from all of the flying abuse!

You can't see the forest for the trees, can you? He's trying to give you some good advise, especially considering what industry we're in.

Ask the guys at Netjets if they think theirs is the best job in the industry still. Also, it's not just the money that makes it a better job, I'm not gone 7 days in a row, that now seems rough as far as schedules go. Avantair very well may not go under, but if it does you might be surprised to find out that there are better gigs out there for you that you might not have otherwise found.
My friends at FedEx, senior or not, love the job. Is it perfect? No, but i have a friend based la in the md11 that flies an asia trip a month and does pretty well financially. I would not call that abuse.
Good luck

Last edited:
You can't see the forest for the trees, can you? He's trying to give you some good advise, especially considering what industry we're in.

can you decode the advice? It's not like he was saying "run from aviation" or, "be thankful for what you have".

Ask the guys at Netjets if they think theirs is the best job in the industry still. Also, it's not just the money that makes it a better job, I'm not gone 7 days in a row, that now seems rough as far as schedules go. Avantair very well may not go under, but if it does you might be surprised to find out that there are better gigs out there for you that you might not have otherwise found.
My friends at FedEx, senior or not, love the job. Is it perfect? No, but i have a friend based la in the md11 that flies an asia trip a month and does pretty well financially. I would not call that abuse.
Good luck

I will concede, it's all subjective. Personally. I would hate commuting to Mem or panc. All of the inital night flying and the international BS. I'd rather work at costco.

can you decode the advice? It's not like he was saying "run from aviation" or, "be thankful for what you have".

Im not going to explain or argue about what an example of "when a door closes sometimes a door to a better job opens", is. I hope everything works out well with you at Avantair.

I wonder how much sense a merger or acquisition by XO Jet of Avantair would make? Lotta pax to feed into the need for the X and 300 trips.

Agreed. Makes lots of sense. But, that rumor ran it's course a little while back.

Latest resources

Back