Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And since we are throwing turds at one another,,,, If it wasn't for Uncle Warren, and his deep pockets keeping you afloat, I'm pretty sure there would be less pomp with your azz

by SharkRider: 'Remember what they say about Karma..."

Perhaps this is Karma getting back at AAIR plus their lovely training department. Nuff said ...

Last edited:
A very good friend who works there and is pretty connected with management was supposed to go on tour tomorrow was told to "stand down" because the entire fleet is grounded. He was told subsequently about the certificate suspension from another avantair employee.

oh well that clears that right up.

For Broke and Fugazi, you two are basically spitting in the face of all the crews at aair that have busted their azzes for this place. With all due respect, I will put just about anybody here up against the majority of pilots at NJA for their ability to get the job done with far fewer resources. You are essentially cheering for our demise. Remember what they say about Karma... For those of you that think this is the post of a troll, I have been on here for years as corpflunkie. I got logged out and couldn't remember my pass word, so I had to re join. I encourage anyone who runs into me on the road to compare me to a wallmart worker to my face

kinda missed my joke there?

i was trying to turn this into NJ thread.

when you shop at Walmart you're there for the low price guarantee,not the awesome customer service guarantee. I'm just saying!

Checkout the comments on this news post! Owners & Ex-employees having plenty just to say... "Comfort Eagle" are you up on flightinfo?

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...3/avantair-grounds-entire-fleet-safety-checks

"Don, sorry about your situation and lack of communication. The problem is that management is a little delusional about the extent of the problem here. They are completely disconnected from operations and maintenance and some in the operation would argue 'reality' should be added to that list. There are more problems than I can fit on this post, but one of the first problems is that these airplanes are flying 2-3 times the hours that Piaggio ever envisioned they would or designed them for. The company simply does not have the capacity to handle the demand and corners have been seriously cut to try to cover that demand with inadequate resources. Pilots are being pushed to the extreme limits of duty time and rest and general morale simply could not be lower company-wide. Everyone at the company expects to be unemployed very soon. Ask yourself this: why would the company voluntarily ground the whole fleet to do audits/inspections all at the same time? Why wouldn't they do it maybe 5 aircraft at a time? It's because they MUST do it. Avantair and the FAA may call it voluntary, but it's all semantics. If Avantair doesn't do this, FAA will shut them down. Today's grounding is the 4th time in 2 weeks they have grounded the fleet, but the previous times they had slowly returned airplanes to service. Although never anywhere near 40 in the last two weeks have been in service. It's been 4-18 at most. But this time no airplanes will return to service until next week, if ever."

Last edited:
For Broke and Fugazi, you two are basically spitting in the face of all the crews at aair that have busted their azzes for this place. With all due respect, I will put just about anybody here up against the majority of pilots at NJA for their ability to get the job done with far fewer resources. You are essentially cheering for our demise. Remember what they say about Karma... For those of you that think this is the post of a troll, I have been on here for years as corpflunkie. I got logged out and couldn't remember my pass word, so I had to re join. I encourage anyone who runs into me on the road to compare me to a wallmart worker to my face

geez, take it easy cabrón! It was a joke! Sorry if I offended you..but, you guys are the low priced leader of Frax. No seriously, we are all lucky to be employed as fractional pilots at this stage of the game. Post script;Nothing wrong with being a Walmart employee..a lot of them have fractional shares!

Joking about a serious concern regarding the possible loss of a lot of jobs is not cool at all. Those who have been through furloughs and/or closed doors know these folks are dealing with serious pressure now and don't need this bile humor. It's sick finding humor in other's troubles. All the best for our bretheren at Avantair.

Joking about a serious concern regarding the possible loss of a lot of jobs is not cool at all. Those who have been through furloughs and/or closed doors know these folks are dealing with serious pressure now and don't need this bile humor. It's sick finding humor in other's troubles. All the best for our bretheren at

I didn't know anyone was loosing their jobs! My joke was more about the quality of the product/operation. Sorry for the insensitivity! I take it back..

Last edited:
fugazi, I'm a 13 year CE750 pilot at NJA. Avantair is in no way a direct competitor to us, yet fills a nitch that actually provides an viable option to all current and potential fractional owners. It may even promote the faster, longer range folks like us for those who learn to like the luxury of private aircraft transportation.

If you were to employ your cognitive skills, you might notice that grounding an entire fleet and potential loss of their certificate is not conducive to continued employment. There is no humor whatsoever in this situation. Don't kick someone when they're down. Applies to all walks of life, and you just may appreciate it when you find yourself in a similar situation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back