Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AvantAir entire fleet grounded for mx Inspections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This may, or may not be true. We might, or might not know more later this evening. As of now, training continues, so there is hope. We just don't know.

Would it be safe to assume that the company downplayed the entire fleet getting inspected last week?

The usual spin was that it was just being proactive..."safety is our #1 priority" etc...... But it certainly appears there is definitely more to it than what was originally being told....

I can only imagine the propoganda the other fractionals are creating with all of this. I'm sure an all out blitz is occurring with Avantairs current/prospective customer base...

It for sure is reflected in AAIR stock today, slipping 26% down to $0.20, hitting 0.18 for a short time.

Also having NOT a single VNR flight up in the air currently does not look good at all.

Update: Stock actually closed at 18 cents, a 33.33% loss in a single day, showing a market cap of 4.8 M.

Last edited:
Avantair Fleet Grounding Apparently Continues

AINALERTS » OCTOBER 25, 2012
by CHAD TRAUTVETTER

October 25, 2012, 3:12 PM
The voluntary fleet grounding at Avantair apparently is continuing into its sixth day. Avantair told AIN earlier this week that it stood down its entire fleet of about 60 Piaggio Avantis on Saturday to conduct safety checks. According to sources, the action was prompted by a July 28 incident in which an Avantair Avanti shed an elevator in flight. On Tuesday, Avantair reported that 40 of its aircraft were back in service, but data from flight-tracking website FlightAware shows that none of the company’s aircraft are in the air today, suggesting the entire fleet is again grounded. Avantair was not available for comment at press time.

Avantair Fleet Grounding Apparently Continues

AINALERTS » OCTOBER 25, 2012
by CHAD TRAUTVETTER

October 25, 2012, 3:12 PM
The voluntary fleet grounding at Avantair apparently is continuing into its sixth day. Avantair told AIN earlier this week that it stood down its entire fleet of about 60 Piaggio Avantis on Saturday to conduct safety checks. According to sources, the action was prompted by a July 28 incident in which an Avantair Avanti shed an elevator in flight. On Tuesday, Avantair reported that 40 of its aircraft were back in service, but data from flight-tracking website FlightAware shows that none of the company’s aircraft are in the air today, suggesting the entire fleet is again grounded. Avantair was not available for comment at press time.

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...avantair-fleet-grounding-apparently-continues

"Concerned Share Owner: They told me last night at 11pm when they cancelled my flight for this morning that the entire fleet was grounded for 5 to 7 more days. Doesn't sound promising and as an owner I can tell you that there has been zero communication from Avantair, and if it wasn't for my cancelled flight today I still probably wouldn't know anything was wrong at Avantair. I am very frustrated with how this has been handled. Those of us who paid a lot of money for our shares and pay monthly management fees to them deserve some answers. Don"

Poor Don...

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...avantair-fleet-grounding-apparently-continues

"Concerned Share Owner: They told me last night at 11pm when they cancelled my flight for this morning that the entire fleet was grounded for 5 to 7 more days. Doesn't sound promising and as an owner I can tell you that there has been zero communication from Avantair, and if it wasn't for my cancelled flight today I still probably wouldn't know anything was wrong at Avantair. I am very frustrated with how this has been handled. Those of us who paid a lot of money for our shares and pay monthly management fees to them deserve some answers. Don"

Poor Don...

when you shop at Walmart you're there for the low price guarantee,not the awesome customer service guarantee. I'm just saying!

For Broke and Fugazi, you two are basically spitting in the face of all the crews at aair that have busted their azzes for this place. With all due respect, I will put just about anybody here up against the majority of pilots at NJA for their ability to get the job done with far fewer resources. You are essentially cheering for our demise. Remember what they say about Karma... For those of you that think this is the post of a troll, I have been on here for years as corpflunkie. I got logged out and couldn't remember my pass word, so I had to re join. I encourage anyone who runs into me on the road to compare me to a wallmart worker to my face

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back