• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention: Conservative Obsessive Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're an idiot you don't know the first thing about the guard club or pilot school back in those days. Really why don't go you protest a war or attend a sit in you tool.

Sorry dude, I will try to up my Fox News intake.

I could never have guessed that slamming on Bush would offend a guy named AuburnRedneck.

Which part of my post had anything to do with being anti war, or attending sit ins or whatever.

Thank you Mr. Purple sir! That really was the whole point of this post, to elucidate the infracting captains on the issue of divisive politics in the cockpit. A good point was brought up about FO's spewing their own vitriolic diatribe and I must confess that I can't comment on that since I am an FO and don't hear from my own seat.

There is a constellation of uplifting things that we could talk about, we can certainly debate some things like contracts up to a point, but why go into such a murky quagmire like politics? How anyone at this point in the evolution (there I go with that word again....) of the socio-political landscape of the United States could say I am fully vested in the ideas of a singular political party or even a generalized concept like liberal or conservative is beyond me.

Remember the 4 things to avoid talking about in mixed or unfamiliar company:
1) politics
2) religion
3) money
4) sex

It seems that is all we pilots want to discuss unfortunately. I have tried to implement a personal policy of accepting my grandparents tried old axiom listed above and have found my relationships with everyone to be better for it. I would like to think that a technically minded, educated demographic like ourselves would have the decorum to follow these simple ideas but we don't.

Just tell them that you think George Dubbelyah Bush is the greatest leader in the 6,000 year history of the planet earth. They'll be happy and shut up.

Just tell them that you think George Dubbelyah Bush is the greatest leader in the 6,000 year history of the planet earth. They'll be happy and shut up.

I...I...I JUST CAN"T! That would be worse than the pain of listening to an hour or two of regurgitated talk show sound bites.

*sigh*, why can't we just do our damn jobs and go home, maybe talk about the waitresses over a couple of beers on the way? :crying:

Thank you Mr. Purple sir! That really was the whole point of this post, to elucidate the infracting captains on the issue of divisive politics in the cockpit. A good point was brought up about FO's spewing their own vitriolic diatribe and I must confess that I can't comment on that since I am an FO and don't hear from my own seat.

There is a constellation of uplifting things that we could talk about, we can certainly debate some things like contracts up to a point, but why go into such a murky quagmire like politics? How anyone at this point in the evolution (there I go with that word again....) of the socio-political landscape of the United States could say I am fully vested in the ideas of a singular political party or even a generalized concept like liberal or conservative is beyond me.

Remember the 4 things to avoid talking about in mixed or unfamiliar company:
1) politics
2) religion
3) money
4) sex

It seems that is all we pilots want to discuss unfortunately. I have tried to implement a personal policy of accepting my grandparents tried old axiom listed above and have found my relationships with everyone to be better for it. I would like to think that a technically minded, educated demographic like ourselves would have the decorum to follow these simple ideas but we don't.

Who Cares? We are adults. If you want to talk about it then go ahead. If not, then don't. It is very simple. The drama queen BS and your extreme sensitivity would make me want to talk about nothing but the above topics.

Last edited:
First, I don't go for "slippery slope" arguments. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not. Second, you and I would probably be just fine without government involvement in our lives, but others can't say the same. Some people need a little more help than others. I know not to accept a loan that I can't afford, but some people are uneducated and gullible enough to believe that if a lender will qualify them for it, then they can afford it.

You just proved his point. Many of the these "uneducated" people that qualified for loans (that they never should have gotten) were qualified because the government put pressure on banks to start lending money to lower income families and minorities for the sake of affirmative actions.

The banks don't have much choice because Washington, DC can penalize them through taxes and regulation if they don't. Its like saying "please give loans to lower income families...and BTW...if you don't we will regulate you out of business."

You see...Washington, DC did get involved and now things are a mess. This is what happens everytime Washington, DC gets involved. These screw ups don't end with the government, they begin with it. When are people going to wake up and realize this?

When are people gonna realize that living off the great government tit isn't a good thing?

Instead of whining about it here why don't you grow a pair and tell the guy to change the subject?

Yes, that is one way of handling it, and I've done it with a couple of FO's I've flown with that wouldn't stop, however, it puts a pretty big damper on the trip and makes the atmosphere pretty crappy for its remainder. In general, it sucks both ways.

I think the point of the op was that people overall shouldn't have to address this kind of crap as often as we do.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back