• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Atlas going Teamsters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only airline to cross our (World Airways) picket line, during the stike three years ago, was a fellow IBT airline Challenge Air cargo. Gemini Air Cargo took a stand against their management and flew their aircraft out empty. I still buy beverages everytime I have the privilige of hanging with a GAC crew.

I and my fellow crewmembers have a different reaction when we run into Challange Air Cargo scabs.

On the other hand, the IBT loaders at Air Canada in LAX walk off our aircraft in support.

Bel

The only airline to cross our (World Airways) picket line, during the stike three years ago, was a fellow IBT airline Challenge Air cargo. Gemini Air Cargo took a stand against their management and flew their aircraft out empty. I still buy beverages everytime I have the privilige of hanging with a GAC crew.

I and my fellow crewmembers have a different reaction when we run into Challange Air Cargo scabs.

On the other hand, the IBT loaders at Air Canada in LAX walk off our aircraft in support.

Bel

No brother... They had a letter from our local stating it was OK to fly our cargo. Remember Seth confronted them in Indi.

That left a sour taste in our mouths about Teamsters.

Teamsters picket? Really? When's the last time you saw a Teamster represented airline do that? Just asking.

You are right as usual, wait.. wasn't Delta IBT? No, my bad. They were alpa when they crossed Comair's line to fly all those people from Cincinnati and elsewhere. I guess neither group has the high ground in that arena. Just an observation.

Couldn't be much worse than Polar (ALPA) requesting relief to fly agreed upon Atlas (ALPA) struck work/aircraft during the last minutes to strike release by the NMB for Atlas. Then later have they have the audacity to call Atlas crews scabs after they went on a sympathy strike for Polar which resulted in a Federal court order to return to work.

https://crewroom.alpa.org/AAI072/DesktopModules/ViewDocument.aspx?DocumentID=41015

Couldn't be much worse than Polar (ALPA) requesting relief to fly agreed upon Atlas (ALPA) struck work/aircraft during the last minutes to strike release by the NMB for Atlas. Then later have they have the audacity to call Atlas crews scabs after they went on a sympathy strike for Polar which resulted in a Federal court order to return to work.

https://crewroom.alpa.org/AAI072/DesktopModules/ViewDocument.aspx?DocumentID=41015

Yes, that was wrong... But how do the Polar guys feel about going to Teamsters?

Latest resources

Back