Ata

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apples and Oranges.

I believe that it was yaks who brought up the 6 year and 12 year captain and payscales at AA vs. ATA.

Exactly how many 6 year 737 captains are there at AA??

Pickle said:
I believe that it was yaks who brought up the 6 year and 12 year captain and payscales at AA vs. ATA.

Exactly how many 6 year 737 captains are there at AA??
I would scientifically postulate that there are a whole buttload of 6 year 737 Captains at ATA, and not a single one at AA.

OK, I went to the Jan 2004 seniority list and counted (a number of pilots have upgraded since then, though), there are 47 737 Captains at the six year pay scale or lower.

Not sure what the point is, but you get to make big bucks a lot sooner at ATA than AA.

tzskipper said:
FWIW, if the intent is to compare these rates to ATA, here you go:

Captain

AA year 6- 127.23 (adjusted for 75 hour guarantee). ATA - 132.97

AA year 12- 133.22 (adjusted for 75 hour guaranntee) ATA - 145.26

Skipper
I'm not sure I follow your logic in adjusting AA's pay scale. Could you elaborate?

AA has a 64 hour minimum guarantee. ATA has a 75 hour minimum guarantee. To keep things equal, I multiplied AA's hourly rate X 64 and then divided the sum by 75. This was to come up with a 75 hour rate for the AA scale.

This is simplistic, but I hope it helps....

Skipper

njcapt said: "Not sure what the point is, but you get to make big bucks a lot sooner at ATA than AA."

Well, the point was that there are no 6 year captains at AA, and there are many 6 and 5 year captains at ATA. So comparing a 6 year 737 captain at the two is really not much of a comparison, AA could pay a 6 year 737 captain $500 per hour, it does not matter, since there are none. Yes, I do realize that if 6 year was $500 then 12 year would probably be $800.

tzskipper said:
AA has a 64 hour minimum guarantee. ATA has a 75 hour minimum guarantee. To keep things equal, I multiplied AA's hourly rate X 64 and then divided the sum by 75. This was to come up with a 75 hour rate for the AA scale.

This is simplistic, but I hope it helps....

Skipper
It's inaccurate. Reserve Guarantee is 73 hours. Bid lines are built to 75-78 hours scheduled time with voluntuntary pick up to 83 hours scheduled time. Actual hours paid trend higher due to a complicated diminishing scheduled projection that allows pilots pick up more time as they underfly their block hours. The company is tightly manned, so access to additionnal flying is not an issue.

I don't know what relevance guarantee has to pay rates. I'd agree higher is better, but it's only applicable if you don't fly.

For What it is worth

I recently talked with an NROTC Classmate of mine who is an AA 757 captain. I make more than he does due to wage X guarantee.

Another post on this site has AA mgmt asking for more concessions later. Given that, UAL's peril, Delta's impending bankruptcy filing, I think we're lucky that we are not in such dire straits. It is also encouraging to see George FINALLY cleaning house.

NZCHooverboy said:
I recently talked with an NROTC Classmate of mine who is an AA 757 captain. I make more than he does due to wage X guarantee.

Another post on this site has AA mgmt asking for more concessions later. Given that, UAL's peril, Delta's impending bankruptcy filing, I think we're lucky that we are not in such dire straits. It is also encouraging to see George FINALLY cleaning house.
AA 757 avg line built to 75:16 @ 164/hr or 12,349/mo. Reserve is 73:00.

Last edited:
Boy, you heard that fast. MEC just sent the emails out 15 minutes ago!

Anyway, about 85% of eligible voters voted, and about 72% voted in favor.

Latest resources

Back