• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ata

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Never mind, I called the MEC hotline and it just came out an hour and fifteen minutes ago. There was a vote last night and it was 6-7 against and 1 that was not present.

Big Hint

So the TA doesn't even make it to the pilots for consideration. I'd say that's a big hint at the nature of these goings-on, unless you think the LEC guys hate themselves and us. It wasn't even a split decision- only one guy said yes. That tells me that this TA was not in our best interests, and I support them (which is easy since I don't have a vote anyway). But I gotta get on board with the 'Simmer down' advice. 'Let us see where this goes...'

HG

ps- The guys I fly with all sounded very unlikely to vote for it, anyway. And they'll all be proved right if we're still wearing ATA hats in a couple years.

You guys have bigger issues than B717 pay rates

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040614/dem032_1.html

Press ReleaseSource: ATA Holdings Corp.

ATA Holdings Corp. Announces it Expects a Loss in Second Quarter
Monday June 14, 6:32 pm ET

INDIANAPOLIS, June 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- ATA Holdings Corp., parent company of ATA Airlines, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAH - News), today announced that it expects to report a loss in the second quarter. The Company had projected a profit for the second quarter in its first quarter earnings call. However, in May, demand for military charter flights was sharply lower than forecast. In addition, the Company has not been successful in increasing revenue from its scheduled service business sufficiently to offset higher than expected fuel prices. <LI>(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20030929/ATAHLOGO-b )

Now celebrating its 31st year of operation, ATA is the nation's 10th largest passenger carrier (based on revenue passenger miles) and one of the nation's largest low-fare carriers. ATA has the youngest, most fuel-efficient fleet among the major carriers, featuring new Boeing 737-800 and 757-300 aircraft. The airline operates significant scheduled service from Chicago- Midway, Hawaii, Indianapolis, New York and San Francisco to over 40 business and vacation destinations. Stock of the Company's parent Company, ATA Holdings Corp. is traded on Nasdaq Stock Exchange under the symbol "ATAH." For more information about the Company, visit the web site at http://www.ata.com .

Caution Concerning Forward-Looking Statements: This communication contains certain "forward-looking statements." These statements are based on ATA Holdings Corp.'s management's current expectations and are naturally subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Except to the extent required under the federal securities laws, ATA Holdings Corp. is not under any obligation to (and expressly disclaims any such obligation to) update or alter its forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Source: ATA Holdings Corp.

Very interesting that this announcement should come a day after the recent "No Vote" by the MEC on the concession package.

It's funny you say that as I was thinking the same thing. I've paid attention to every press release (they auto email to me) from ATA in the last 2 years, especially the ones regarding financials. ATA mgt has never released a forward-looking statement regarding quarter results before the end of the quarter, never. In fact many quarters they have taken as long as a month or longer after the end of the quarter to even post results or hold the live conference call. So this Press release makes me wonder, 2 weeks before quarter ends and on the day after the MEC voted down the TA. Funny, Funny Stuff.

This Press release also makes my decision of "No" even easier. 1st why should I give up pay, (while management doesn't) to a management group that just seem to can't make money because of their bad decisions (like the trans con disaster, can't make money with one of the lowest casms, etc, etc). Second, they are basically saying that the military charter is the only thing making money (which is true), not the scheduled service, but yet they will not D check the L1011's saying it cost to much (which is a whole other story in itself as some people in Indy make up lies because they just want the plane to go away regardless if it makes money quarter over quarter). I'm proud of the MEC coming together quickly and voting it down. I hear that the main reason was that the 737 pay rates didn't jump back in 07'. I can tell you that there were some disappointed people at the hanger in Indy on Monday morning, I wish I could of seen their faces when they found out the MEC voted it down.... let the games begin and my July 1 raise come as it should.....

Last edited:
Hello all, I was wondering if ATA is accepting applications. I studied there web site and no pilot positions were listed. I extrapolated that they are not accepting apps.

What are the mins for ATA, if and when they decide to hire agian.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

vetteracer said:
Hello all, I was wondering if ATA is accepting applications. I studied there web site and no pilot positions were listed. I extrapolated that they are not accepting apps.

What are the mins for ATA, if and when they decide to hire agian.

Thanks in advance.

Mark
the content of this thread actually has you considering sending in an app?

Actually, I think the TA was voted down by the 7 LEC members present, the 8th LEC rep did not (or could not) attend the confrence call.

Either way you look at it, it must have been a pretty bad deal for such a decisive vote from the MEC. I'm interested to see what will happen next.

Latest resources

Back