• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ata

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just heard today from a reliable source that the 717 deal fell through due ATA's inability to secure financing.

jetguy said:
Just heard today from a reliable source that the 717 deal fell through due ATA's inability to secure financing.

Not true, Boeing and GE Capitol have a great controlling interest in ATA after the bond restructing. Boeing gave ATA a tentative date of July 1st to decide or for them to decide together I guess, as ATA talks with Embraer and Airbus. The pilot pay freeze was not a complete determining factor on the whole package as they could get the planes without it, including Boeing still giving a nice rebate (like 2mil or so), although it would help lower interest rates with the amount they would have gotten from the pilots. This is gonna be the most interesting week as time is running out and the union meets after voting down the TA. Should be real interesting to see how this plays out, especially if the company still gets the planes without our help.....

Not to change where all of these posts are going, but why would ATA want another type on property? Can't you still get a 737-600 with a seating of 110? What savings would there really be into bringing in another type? Everyone was saying 'Oh yeah, 717 is a done deal'. I hope the 717 wasn't the bait for growth/concessions. It seems ATA lacks serious direction at a time they need it most.

jetguy said:

I find that hard to believe. AirTran was in terrible financial condition when they signed their 717 deal with Boeing.

Thankfully, we turned it around, and I expect ATA will, too.

All this up, down, and around at this company is going to drive me to the bottle!

Propsync said:
Not to change where all of these posts are going, but why would ATA want another type on property? Can't you still get a 737-600 with a seating of 110? What savings would there really be into bringing in another type? Everyone was saying 'Oh yeah, 717 is a done deal'. I hope the 717 wasn't the bait for growth/concessions. It seems ATA lacks serious direction at a time they need it most.
BINGO!

Personally, I can't see the 717 saving ATA. I think Boeing realizes that the health of AMR, UAL, and DL are more important to it's future than ATA. Tough decisions are just ahead.

Snafu

Business as usual here, Ready, Fire, Aim!

I'm glad the MEC rejected this TA, from what I have heard (only hearsay) it was pretty awful. The junior 73 folks were going to take the greatest hit (again, only hearsay). I have no problem in helping the company out if I thought they really needed it, but I find it hard to support when management is not willing to share in the pain with us. It's just another case of, do as I say, not as I do management.

As Mr. Black so eloquently put it, This fu*king ship is rudderless!

Latest resources

Back