• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ata

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 717 deal was hinged upon secured financing. Airtran had a bunch of paid for DC-9's to borrow against.

How many of it's Aircraft does ATA own outright?

FlyChicaga said:
All this up, down, and around at this company is going to drive me to the bottle!
Why wait?

Memo to ATA Mngt (ie. George):

Your current management team is attempting (& failing) to operate well beyond their educational & creative limits.

Propsync said:
Not to change where all of these posts are going, but why would ATA want another type on property? Can't you still get a 737-600 with a seating of 110? What savings would there really be into bringing in another type? Everyone was saying 'Oh yeah, 717 is a done deal'. I hope the 717 wasn't the bait for growth/concessions. It seems ATA lacks serious direction at a time they need it most.
The 737 line is tied up with orders. ATA probably could not #1 get the -600's for awhile and #2 not get a good deal on the price. The 600 would make sense but I think this 717 deal is so good, it will justify the new fleet type.

lowecur said:
Personally, I can't see the 717 saving ATA. I think Boeing realizes that the health of AMR, UAL, and DL are more important to it's future than ATA. Tough decisions are just ahead.
Of course any ATA thread would not be complete without a ch7 prediction from the all-knowing lowecur.

This Just In......again

[font=&quot]Remember that awful TA the MEC voted down a couple of days ago? Well, apparently there was some good ole fashion ALPA arm-twisting at the MEC meeting today and now the TA is going out to vote by membership. This way, it this horrible agreement passes, they can blame US!

I have been told the only two things that has changed is the formula used to calculate how the profit sharing is divided so it is more fair to the 737 drivers and the company has to commit to the 717 within a year. With that said the other flaws still exist:

1. 737 Drivers take the largest monetary hit throughout the agreement, including a PAY CUT at the end of the pay freeze and the 757 drivers get a raise. Guess which plane the negotiating committee chairmen flys.
2. The profit sharing (and I use the term loosely) has too many conditions that have to be met to realize any repayment. I was also told that ATA has only met the conditions in this agreement TWICE in its history.
3. The contract improvements are unenforceable due to the fact the language is too vague.
4. Management is not required to participate in the sacrifice.

JUST VOTE NO![/font]

You gotta love it...

"I have been told...."

If you have not read the entire agreement, you have no business putting this crap out.

Also, to your perception of "arm twisting" by ALPA is pure B.S.

Your posts are embarassing.

tzskipper said:
You gotta love it...

"I have been told...."

If you have not read the entire agreement, you have no business putting this crap out.

Also, to your perception of "arm twisting" by ALPA is pure B.S.

Your posts are embarassing.
HAVE YOU TALKED TO YOUR LEC REP TODAY? I HAVE.

SORRY, BUT THE TRUTH HURTS SOMETIMES.

READ THE REST OF MY POSTS, THEY HAVE BEEN SPOT ON.

HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN THE SUDDEN CHANGE OF HEART WITH THE MEC WITH SO FEW CHANGES IN THE AGREEMENT? I AM ALL EARS......

Last edited:
"HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN THE SUDDEN CHANGE OF HEART WITH THE MEC WITH SO FEW CHANGES IN THE AGREEMENT? I AM ALL EARS......"

The original agreement was originally voted down by the MEC over concerns about just a few items. The company agreed with the MEC's request for language amending the original TA, so the MEC did not need to much additional time to unanimiously ratify the "new" agreement.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back