• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ata

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey tz800ca, you sure do talk alot for someone who has nothing to say! I too spoke to my LEC rep. He, like all the other voting members, voted yes. So if your LEC rep was so unhappy with it, why did he vote yes? Was his arm twisted? Is that the kind of person you want representing you?

Also, why don't you put any of this stuff you have to say on the pilots web board?? Oh, yeah, that's right...flightinfo is ANONYMOUS, the web board has your name on it. Figures.

gearup5 said:
Let the mass exodus from chicago express begin!
It's happening already. What, didn't we lose 10-12 pilots in a month? I was 20 from the bottom and lost 5 people below me. I thought due to attrition (because of this uncertainty) that I'd be on reserve again. :eek: Ah well, might as well just ride it out. Speaking of riding it out, time to go surf.

FlyChicaga said:
:eek: Ah well, might as well just ride it out. Speaking of riding it out, time to go surf.
Where'd you end up staying in Hawaii? Don't say it's the place across from the ABC Store, since there's one of those every 50 ft in Waikiki. The surf report looks like it should be great for beginner surfing - 1-2 ft with offshore tradewinds. Just remember, do whatever the beachboys tell you to do out in the water. They are the judge, jury and saviors out there.

Remember, the Shore Bird at the Outrigger Hotel on Kalia Rd gives a 20% airline discount. I recommend the sirloin and lobster tail... with six or seven Longboard Lagers.

I ended up at my friend's apartment, right next to the ABC store. Er, I mean, behind the Holiday Inn and across from the Hilton Gardens in Waikiki. Waves weren't great today over by us... had to paddle out 300+ yards to get some whitecaps. I'm hoping tomorrow the waves will pick up. We'll probably end up at the North Shore Saturday, but I hear the pipeline isn't picking up until November. But of course I wouldn't be going near that at my skill level... :cool:

Thanks for the tip about the restaurant. I'll have to check that out.

Pickle said:
Hey tz800ca, you sure do talk alot for someone who has nothing to say! I too spoke to my LEC rep. He, like all the other voting members, voted yes. So if your LEC rep was so unhappy with it, why did he vote yes? Was his arm twisted? Is that the kind of person you want representing you?

Also, why don't you put any of this stuff you have to say on the pilots web board?? Oh, yeah, that's right...flightinfo is ANONYMOUS, the web board has your name on it. Figures.
Good question, I have read the agreement and stand by my post. I have spoken with my rep and although he voted for it, he wants us to vote on it once and for all.

If you cannot figure out why the MEC voted yes for this, I will not waste any more energy responding to people like you that have no clue.

Also, I do post on the pilot website for your info, where is the law that says you have to use the same username? FYI the pilot webboard is NOT secure anyone can read it. I would be very careful what you post there.

Last edited:
If that is what you want to believe.....

tzskipper said:
"HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN THE SUDDEN CHANGE OF HEART WITH THE MEC WITH SO FEW CHANGES IN THE AGREEMENT? I AM ALL EARS......"

The original agreement was originally voted down by the MEC over concerns about just a few items. The company agreed with the MEC's request for language amending the original TA, so the MEC did not need to much additional time to unanimiously ratify the "new" agreement.
It is a free country.

I wonder why the company agreed to the changes so fast?

Hum....

Now that everyone has had a chance to look over the TA, do you think we will ever collect on the Profit Sharing?

Do you think the Paycut for the 737 drivers is fair?

Do you think that the fragmentation section can be enforced?

Do you think the contract "improvements" are enforceable?

If so, how (all the above).

Trying to be REALISTIC, that is all!

Leave the emotions out of it!

A glowing endorsement?

This is what one of our LEC posted on their ALPA.org LEC Homepage:

ATA LEC 96 News
MEC compleated the Concessionary package the company agreed so we have a TA. We will have road shows it is our feeling that we have done all we can to reach a fair and equitable agreement.

I would not call this an endorsement of the TA.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back