• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astar Cargo Help PLEASE!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey abxnightrider, your avatar is creeping me out.

This nugget lost in the shuffle

Just curious, but with all these great improvements you guys got with the new CBA which will surely drive costs up and with DHL hemorraging cash right now, are you not even the slightest bit curious as to why the sudden change of heart from Daz and Germany???

There it is folks. Straight from JJ's key board to our screens. 1224 is worried about cost to DHL.

So what's it going to be for you guys and gals JJ? Concessionary across the board or just cost neutral. Tell us how 1224 is gonna take one for the team and save DHL money with your contract.

Hey, I'm just ask'en cause you made that little Freudian slip/crack above.

FAJ

Fair enough. The mothership has filled you in on the master plan and it is all good. So should I send out resumes now or hang on for a few months?

We're hiring. Would you like me to carry your resume in? Any 727 FE experience? Just think, then you too could use the DHL callsign.

There it is folks. Straight from JJ's key board to our screens. 1224 is worried about cost to DHL.

So what's it going to be for you guys and gals JJ? Concessionary across the board or just cost neutral. Tell us how 1224 is gonna take one for the team and save DHL money with your contract.

Hey, I'm just ask'en cause you made that little Freudian slip/crack above.

FAJ

Funny FAJ, I re-read that post a couple times and did not find anywhere in it where I expressed and ongoing concern for DHL's costs nor did I indicate anything along the lines of what you infer.

I think if you look closely, you will see simply that all I did was state a fact, that DHL is hemorrhaging cash.

I just am more than a little curious as to what the rush was and the sudden change of heart. I know I would be if I were in your shoes. Of course as hvydriver so eloquently put it, you guys are obviously in the loop from the mothership and sitting pretty. Us pigfarmers, well we may not belong to that wonderful ALPA outfit or dress as nice as ya'll, but we still have mouths to feed and are more than a little irked to potentially see big job losses.

Was it the fact they wanted it done before ya'll found out how much money Daz made on the sale?

Could it be that they really don't care what they signed if they are not planning on having to deal with that contract much longer?

I was particullary enthralled with the boasting of a poster in some other thread that "DHL themselves signed off on the scope". How did that work out for you last time? Think it will be different this time?

Re-read it for yourself again. I don't think you will find any concern in my post. I for the most part am happy with the majority of our contract. I am especially happy with our payscales compared to yours. I want some areas cleaned up obviously in order to be brought to parity with the preimminent DHL carrier such as furloughs, junior manning, etc. Could give a rats butt about about paid hotel rooms in a city that I am domiciled in anyways. Please.

All that said, I do expect a fair raise and full retro. No signing bonuses here.

I am concerned about the future of this place obviously. However, we (pilots) are a fraction of the cost of doing business. If they can't afford to compensate us fairly then maybe they really should rethink the whole operation.

We're hiring. Would you like me to carry your resume in? Any 727 FE experience? Just think, then you too could use the DHL callsign.

Cold day in you know where. I've sat sideways for the last time pal. :uzi:

Besides, I don't think I could wait another 9 or 10 years to utter that callsign.:D

Sorry, but man I feel for those peeps in the back. That is just wrong.:(

You know before you post information about recovery flights. You need to get your facts straight. Both airlines recover the other. I just called a friend in AOC to find out how many flights ABX recovers for us and he said very few. They post all of the information on the intranet. I'll try to copy it here so we know the facts.

Just to throw my 2 cents in at my last B.U. during grd. school Phil from maintence came to talk to us about anything going on in maint. I asked him that very question. He said year to date ABX had recovered 96 flights for Astar. Astar had recoverd 4 for Abx. None of these where due to WX. The flights ABX flys to airports for Astar that are CatII are in addition to these. He said they due a 3 way call every morning with DP. ABX Astar about every delay or recovery. Which is why I do not believe DP is interesed in saving money!

Latest resources

Back