• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Astar Cargo Help PLEASE!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just called a friend in AOC to find out how many flights ABX recovers for us and he said very few.

Isn't that kinda like asking a waiter in a restaurant if a particular dish is good or not? My wife does that all the time and I have yet to hear one say, no stay away from that, that tastes like a skunks butt.

:D

You know before you post information about recovery flights. You need to get your facts straight. Both airlines recover the other. I just called a friend in AOC to find out how many flights ABX recovers for us and he said very few. They post all of the information on the intranet. I'll try to copy it here so we know the facts.

Now fo, you know full good and well that we aren't worthy to shine their shoes. Why bother? Never cloud the issues with facts. Just be sure you remove anything that could show it's an official document. You don't want to get in trouble over this dribble.

To be honest JJ, I don't care about call signs, CATII, your uniform color or mine, or the yahoo message board. I want a paycheck for the next 11 years.

off the taxiway?

I guess it was good enough to land but not taxi , apparently two DC9's taxiied off the runway into the mud, Its not Astar pilots fault for not being cat II just like its not Abx pilots fault for having the majority of their fleet C container

OK, I'll bite on this one. I flew inbound to ILN last night and heard nothing about any A/C taxiing off the paved surfaces. Not that it wasn't a definite possibility. Where did it happen? Was it early or late? Was there damage to an A/C? Additionally I agree...It isn't the Astar pilot's fault that they are not CAT II/IIIB anymore than it's the ABX pilot's fault that the majority of their A/C have small doors. Both of these items are the responsibility of DHL and the Flight Management of ER and GB.

I would really like to see that link. I think you have it backwards. Astar recovers very few flights for ABX. I saw a report on it sometime back but cannot remember the actual numbers. I do remember that we recovered wat more Astar flights then they did for us. Just off memory I think Astar recovered a number in the single digits whereas ABX recovered for Astar was well,well into double digits, 20 to 30 maybe, but again do not have an exact number...
When your AOC guy said very few he was probably talking about each night...

You know before you post information about recovery flights. You need to get your facts straight. Both airlines recover the other. I just called a friend in AOC to find out how many flights ABX recovers for us and he said very few. They post all of the information on the intranet. I'll try to copy it here so we know the facts.

Latest resources

Back