• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa/xjt<---------

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You hope not? You must enjoy that 145. The CRJ200 is a complete piece. Replacing.g them all 1for one with a 700 would be great.

Pay me enough and I'll fly a C152. I rather see the 700s go to mainline. But thats just me. Anyway, I get paid just as much in my 145 as you do in the 700.

What????? You must be smokin some funny stuff there friend....

Growth.....now that's something we ain't got!!!!!!!

No smokin' at all... I heard it from an XJT guy at Hoot County late one night... :D

Growths.... now that's something we got!!!!

You hope not? You must enjoy that 145. The CRJ200 is a complete piece. Replacing.g them all 1for one with a 700 would be great.

If you're goal is being a regional airline pilot your entire career, flying for regional wages, on a regional CBA, watching your job get recycled every couple years, have at it and want the smaller aircraft to be replaced by something that should be at mainline.

Like Nevets said, I'd fly a kite all day as long I'm on a mainline seniority list getting paid mainline wages while doing it.

This makes sense, except that SkyWest and United have a non-compete clause out of LAX which would effect (I would guess SFO and SEA). Not familiar with the details of this clause, or if it has been in fact re-negotiated (that's why ASA (followed by XJT) had a base in LAX, OO couldn't). It is plausible and I've heard that ASA has purchased all the rest of Horizon's 700's.

The UAL no-compete clause concerning the LAX flying was done away with 2 years ago. The word is Skywest will be flying for Alaska soon with PDX becoming a jet base for that flying.

ASA and XJT got the LAX flying not because of the no-compete clause but because it involved alot of Mexico flying and Skywest was aways away from getting authorization from Mexico to fly those LAX routes.

Pay me enough and I'll fly a C152. I rather see the 700s go to mainline. But thats just me. Anyway, I get paid just as much in my 145 as you do in the 700.

If you're goal is being a regional airline pilot your entire career, flying for regional wages, on a regional CBA, watching your job get recycled every couple years, have at it and want the smaller aircraft to be replaced by something that should be at mainline.

Like Nevets said, I'd fly a kite all day as long I'm on a mainline seniority list getting paid mainline wages while doing it.

The 700 is a complete lost cause at mainline folks. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Get over it. The sooner pilots get realistic and start thinking analytically the better off this career will be. Look what Lee Moak has done over at Delta.

If mainline wants to replace 50s with 70s one for one I have no problem with that. The flying has already been outsourced. Let the people maximize their revenue and make sure the mainline pilots get a cut of the increased revenue.

The 700 is a complete lost cause at mainline folks. NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Get over it. The sooner pilots get realistic and start thinking analytically the better off this career will be. Look what Lee Moak has done over at Delta.

If mainline wants to replace 50s with 70s one for one I have no problem with that. The flying has already been outsourced. Let the people maximize their revenue and make sure the mainline pilots get a cut of the increased revenue.

For shame you rogue!!!

"thinking analytically for the betterment of this career"

BLASPHEMY!

You want analytical ok. For every (3) 200 you replace with 700/900s you really do away with the need for one more 200. That’s around 6 pilot jobs that could have been created but instead those people will be on the streets.
Isn’t it ironic that your screen name is 777forever when everything that you propose is for stagnation. It’s also ironic how many people like you change your opinion once they finally do get a job at the majors. Do you really think that you will say, “they are just thinking analytically”, if you were junior at the majors and they gave us scope for the C-Series. Then you, just like many thousand before would be on the street begging for your CRJ200 FO spot back.
I propose that 777forever should have to change his name to CRJ200FOforever. Lets put it to a vote… All in favor say aye.

You want analytical ok. For every (3) 200 you replace with 700/900s you really do away with the need for one more 200. That’s around 6 pilot jobs that could have been created but instead those people will be on the streets.
Isn’t it ironic that your screen name is 777forever when everything that you propose is for stagnation. It’s also ironic how many people like you change your opinion once they finally do get a job at the majors. Do you really think that you will say, “they are just thinking analytically”, if you were junior at the majors and they gave us scope for the C-Series. Then you, just like many thousand before would be on the street begging for your CRJ200 FO spot back.
I propose that 777forever should have to change his name to CRJ200FOforever. Lets put it to a vote… All in favor say aye.

These guys understand it.

Man I can't stand stupidity. Where in the hell did you get replacing 3 200s with 700/900 equals one less 200 needed? I clearly stated on a one for one basis. If XJT has 200 E145s outsourced by CAL that is 200 planes worth of flying that is gone and not coming back. Let management use whatever size(51-76) regional aircraft they want on those 200 planes and let mainline pilots take a pay increase for increasing regional revenue. Before you know it profits will be up and the widebody orders will start rolling in.

But if you guys want to keep being short sighted and fighting over mainline pilots flying to College Station and not focusing on increasing routes to Dubai, Shanghai and other places where the yield is high enough to pay the pilot very well, so be it.
Is Lee Monk truly the only one around here that has some sense?

Latest resources

Back