• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Voluntary Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are "grand-fathered" in and never have paid any dues, and won't. I'm referring to the very senior ones such as DH.

Hoser
Roll Tide!

I was told by more than one of my reps that they pay a contract maintenance fee equal to union dues; including those such as DH. That's why the association elected to include them in the signing bonus. Is that not correct?

Good luck. I think that this is the start of the storm!

For the sake of the guys that I've convinced that ASA would be a good place to hang your hat, even temporarily, I do hope that this does not happen.

More SKYW west flying in ATL after we've furloughed would be salt in an open wound.

I was told by more than one of my reps that they pay a contract maintenance fee equal to union dues; including those such as DH. That's why the association elected to include them in the signing bonus. Is that not correct?

You were told wrong. Hoser is correct.

Bump That!

Well you guys better get on your knees are pray United stays strong. They go belly up and we'll see how 'never' works out for you.

You got that right.

But I think United is kind of like General Motors, in that the government wont let them fail. We'll see.

BTW, I havn't heard anything on expansion of ATL for next year. Again, we'll see.

You were told wrong. Hoser is correct.

Bump That!

Wow, if that's the case, I sure was told wrong. Back when we were doing roadshows, I specifically asked multiple reps if nonmembers were included in the signing bonus. The answer was universal. "nonmembers would also receive signing bonuses as they pay contract maintenance fees equal to union dues".

either way as to bumping back to this thread, the contract is very clear that even nonmembers receive the same furlough protection.

Wow, if that's the case, I sure was told wrong. Back when we were doing roadshows, I specifically asked multiple reps if nonmembers were included in the signing bonus. The answer was universal. "nonmembers would also receive signing bonuses as they pay contract maintenance fees equal to union dues".

either way as to bumping back to this thread, the contract is very clear that even nonmembers receive the same furlough protection.

1. Don't believe everything they tell you.
2. The reason for the non-member getting back pay is a "legal" issue. Even if you are not a member you are still represented by the bargaining unit at that airline so they would have to include you in the back pay.

WHEREAS: The Company and the Association have entered into a collective bargaining
agreement dated September 15, 1998 (the “Agreement”) that contains a provision entitled
Section 28 Agency Shop.

NOW THEREFORE BE IT AGREED:
1. Any pilot employed by the Company as of October 29, 1995, who was not a member
of the Association shall not be required to become a member of the Association or to
pay to the Association monthly dues or service charges or in any other way be subject
to the requirements of Section 28 of the Agreement.

Executed this Fifteenth day of September 1998
This Letter of Agreement shall be effective upon the effective date of the basic Agreement
and shall remain in full force and effect concurrent with the Agreement and become part of the status
quo in accordance with the terms of the Agreement and the Railway Labor Act, as amended.

Does that answer you question.

Latest resources

Back